2005 Bills Team

CJPearl2

I know 2004 is not over yet, but a POSITIVE if we do not make the playoffs is this:

We have a chance of bringing back the same team as this year - and have some draft choices (2nd through 7th - and possibly more if we trade TH).

Both Pat Williams and Jonus Jennings have expressed their desire to come back to the Bills.

If we resign those two we will have both starting units intact.

I know 2004 is not over yet, but a POSITIVE if we do not make the playoffs is this:

We have a chance of bringing back the same team as this year - and have some draft choices (2nd through 7th - and possibly more if we trade TH).

Both Pat Williams and Jonus Jennings have expressed their desire to come back to the Bills.

If we resign those two we will have both starting units intact.

180940[/snapback]

with an extra starting LG to boot.

Lindell is having a career year, why replace him, sure he can't hit the 50 plus but he has been pretty close to dead on.

2nd-Keep jennings over Williams, Jennings has played great when he has been healthy, Pat Williams dare I say doesn't look as good as he has in the past, He's still worth keeping. What if? the Raiders release Ted Washington, and we sign him to a 2 year deal instead, washington played most of the year injury free, he still (I believe) lives in Buffalo, i think Adams is living in his house.

Could you Imagine Sam Adams and Ted Washington in the middle, that 700+#s of fury. What team could run on us then?

I have felt that LOLB has been the weakest position on the team all year, Posey has done little to nothing, In mop up duty Stamer has out done him,

Rien Walllace from temple would be a great 3rd round pick, and has the size to play the strongside. But at the top of needs is interior linemen.

Chris Kemoeatu, Baas, or brown could be had in the 2nd or 3rd as well.

imagine McGahee without the tackles for losses, his numbers would be great. but defenses get into our backfield too easy now.

I don't get all this negativity about Posey. The guy is a great role player. He is ALWAYS making plays that don't show up on the stat sheets (shedding blockers, forcing runs inside for Fletcher to clean it up, applying pressure on the QB).

With the cap the way it is, we cannot afford to have 3 TKOs in our LB corps and Posey is as good as we are going to get at OLB without sacrificing other areas of the team.

I don't think you guys are seeing what I see when I watch him play I guess.

I have felt that LOLB has been the weakest position on the team all year, Posey has done little to nothing, In mop up duty Stamer has out done him,

Rien Walllace from temple would be a great 3rd round pick, and has the size to play the strongside.  But at the top of needs is interior linemen.

Chris Kemoeatu, Baas, or brown could be had in the 2nd or 3rd as well.

imagine McGahee without the tackles for losses, his numbers would be great.  but defenses get into our backfield too easy now.

181292[/snapback]

LOLB weakest position on the bills this year??

How about LG?

I don't get all this negativity about Posey. The guy is a great role player. He is ALWAYS making plays that don't show up on the stat sheets (shedding blockers, forcing runs inside for Fletcher to clean it up, applying pressure on the QB).

With the cap the way it is, we cannot afford to have 3 TKOs in our LB corps and Posey is as good as we are going to get at OLB without sacrificing other areas of the team.

I don't think you guys are seeing what I see when I watch him play I guess.

181308[/snapback]

I'm there with ya Tgregg99. While he had a subpar game yesterday, the guy is pretty solid and has improved this season. Some people fantasize as fans that their favorite NFL football team is a fantasy football team and that you must put an all star line-up on the field or they will not be happy. It just doesn't work that way.