Do we have enough cash?

Financially speaking... does someone know if it is even possible for us to stay under the cap if we:

1) Re-sign Bell and Chandler reasonably

2) Sign top tier DE (Williams, Abraham, Mathis)

3) Sign top tier WR (Bowe, Vincent Jackson)

Then we'd be in a really good spot to draft best available at LT, DE, WR and we wouldn't feel compelled to reach.

Financially speaking... does someone know if it is even possible for us to stay under the cap if we:

Then we'd be in a really good spot to draft best available at LT, DE, WR and we wouldn't feel compelled to reach.

Why would be reach for any of these positions even without any of the above players. We still need a starting LT, starting DE and starting #2 WR. So any pick for those positions will be an automatic starter on this team. There is no reaching. You just pick the best available including a OLB.

Out of those

1) do not think Bell resigns here. He is best LT in a weak FA class. ie...someone will over pay and look past his injuries. So draft LT in round one.

Like to re-sign Chandler for around $3-4mil

2) Signing Abraham to a 2 year deal for $4mil base and could reach $6-7mil based on staying healthy and production(sacks)

3) VJ is gonna take around similar numbers just paid to Stevie. $7-8.

I think the Bills had $35mil to spend. With these numbers plus SJ you would be right around 24-26mil. Which should leave money for drafted players.

That $35mil does not include any other players Bills may release. DE- Edwards

Someone correct me if wrong on the $35 mil and needing roughly $9-10mil for drafted guys.

I'm not a fan of resigning Bell this year. I think given the lack of comparable talent and youth in the free agent market, teams will throw lots of money at him simply because of the weak class. Don't pay Mercedes prices for the Cadillacs.

I'd like for the Bills to resign Chandler. It'd be some consistency and production at a spot that's been a desert wasteland for so many years and a position Nix doesn't appear keen on drafting players.

And yes, the Bills have the money. It's a question of will or won't, not can or can't.

Edited by dpberr

we are one of the top teams that spend under the cap(see cash to cap stat line) the question is not whether or now we will have the cash, Ralphie-Poo has the cash, it's whether or not he will allow his front office the freedom to spend it.

the answer is no.

Why?

Ralph is Cheap.