Free Agent Prognostications

vincec

This is my gut feeling on what's going to happen based on what I've seen so far. Before anybody gets bent out of shape, this is what I THINK will happen, not what I WANT to happen. I always want them to sign everybody who has been at all productive, even though that's obviously unrealistic. I'm interested to know your thoughts and predictions.

Stevie Johnson: Goes to free agency and walks. Bills fans go berserk. Bills sign a veteran replacement for roughly the same money they could've signed Johnson for to prove to everyone that it wasn't really about the money but about Johnson's perceived value. Bills then draft a WR in the top 3 rounds to be the #2.

Demetrius Bell: Goes to free agency and walks. Bills think he's too injury prone to be a long term solution. Bills draft LT #1 as the heir apparent with Hairston serving as the swing tackle backup.

Scott Chandler: Goes to free agency, sits on the market for a while and resigns with the Bills for a moderate contract. He just isn't that special a player to warrant more interest from another team than he will get from the Bills.

Kirk Morrison: Wanny sees him as a potential starter at SLB so the Bills retain him. They also bring in another vet to compete at the position.

Bryan Scott: Walks. Bills see Searcy as replacement in nickel and dime situations.

Roscoe Parris: Gailey likes him and he won't get much interest elsewhere, but he's just too injury prone and the Bills let him go.

Andra Davis: Walks. Well on the downside of his career and not a good fit for the defense.

Tashard Choice: Gailey likes him. He is a physical back, which the Bills need. Bills keep him.

Reggie Corner: Walks.

Reggie Torbor: Walks.

Derek Hagan, Ruvell Martin: Lucky to make the team as backups.

Yer close.

If Stevie walks, they'll sign Garcon for that money cuz he's got more speed and is younger Then they'll make Nelson their posession guy. They may bring in a WR by round 4, but generally go with the group they have and gamble that Easley is the real deal. LT at 10??? They'll go cb before they do that and ride Hairston like they did Bell til they can get another LT. Remember, at #10, you've got to have a player that is solid, contributes significantly immediatley and makes a difference. I don't seeing a LT @ 10 doing that.

Yer close.

If Stevie walks, they'll sign Garcon for that money cuz he's got more speed and is younger Then they'll make Nelson their posession guy. They may bring in a WR by round 4, but generally go with the group they have and gamble that Easley is the real deal. LT at 10??? They'll go cb before they do that and ride Hairston like they did Bell til they can get another LT. Remember, at #10, you've got to have a player that is solid, contributes significantly immediatley and makes a difference. I don't seeing a LT @ 10 doing that.

I think that their opinion of Nelson (and mine) is far lower than the general fan base. He is not a #2. Based on what Nix has said, they will bring in a legitimate #2. I think it will be via the draft since they will already need to sign one top WR to replace Johnson. My gut feeling is still LT#1, DE#2, WR#3.

Garcon is ok, but I think that every WR that has played with Manning except for Harrison looks better than they are.

I agree vincec. All Nelson is is a nice reciever to have in multiple reciever sets. He is tall with good hands, has a feel for how to get open, and is not too bad in the red zone. But it would be best if he was the 2nd slot guy in 4 and 5 WR sets. I wouldn't mind them locking up Steve, bringing in Marquis Colston AND drafting another WR within the first 3 rounds to be quite honest.

1330873694[/url]' post='2394678']

This is my gut feeling on what's going to happen based on what I've seen so far. Before anybody gets bent out of shape, this is what I THINK will happen, not what I WANT to happen. I always want them to sign everybody who has been at all productive, even though that's obviously unrealistic. I'm interested to know your thoughts and predictions.

Stevie Johnson: Goes to free agency and walks. Bills fans go berserk. Bills sign a veteran replacement for roughly the same money they could've signed Johnson for to prove to everyone that it wasn't really about the money but about Johnson's perceived value. Bills then draft a WR in the top 3 rounds to be the #2.

Demetrius Bell: Goes to free agency and walks. Bills think he's too injury prone to be a long term solution. Bills draft LT #1 as the heir apparent with Hairston serving as the swing tackle backup.

Scott Chandler: Goes to free agency, sits on the market for a while and resigns with the Bills for a moderate contract. He just isn't that special a player to warrant more interest from another team than he will get from the Bills.

Kirk Morrison: Wanny sees him as a potential starter at SLB so the Bills retain him. They also bring in another vet to compete at the position.

Bryan Scott: Walks. Bills see Searcy as replacement in nickel and dime situations.

Roscoe Parris: Gailey likes him and he won't get much interest elsewhere, but he's just too injury prone and the Bills let him go.

Andra Davis: Walks. Well on the downside of his career and not a good fit for the defense.

Tashard Choice: Gailey likes him. He is a physical back, which the Bills need. Bills keep him.

Reggie Corner: Walks.

Reggie Torbor: Walks.

Derek Hagan, Ruvell Martin: Lucky to make the team as backups.

Regarding the comment about Choice, we have a more physical back in Fred Jackson. I'd like to keep him as a third, but not because he's physical. We needed his physicality last year because Fred was hurt. If spiller goes down this year (I knocked on wood btw), we'll need a speedy back. I agree with most except Stevie. I really hope and pray he is resigned. Losing him will be really bad. Reaaaaallly bad.

1330875047[/url]' post='2394695']

Yer close.

If Stevie walks, they better draft a Michael Floyd with our 1st pick if he's there. Imagine garçon, Nelson and a 2nd-4th rd Wr or jones/easly as our top 3? Ugh.

I agree vincec. All Nelson is is a nice reciever to have in multiple reciever sets. He is tall with good hands, has a feel for how to get open, and is not too bad in the red zone. But it would be best if he was the 2nd slot guy in 4 and 5 WR sets. I wouldn't mind them locking up Steve, bringing in Marquis Colston AND drafting another WR within the first 3 rounds to be quite honest.

I would be ecstatic if they re-signed Stevie, brought in Colston and drafted another big body at WR. However, I think signing Colston is a pipe dream. We'll be lucky if they sign Meachem! We'll probably end up with the kind of FA WR you pick up for your fantay football team as a late season bye week replacement...