Cordy Glen at LT

Many scouts think that Glen 6'5" 345 5.15 - 40 30 reps, would be a marginal LT (cuz big guys can't play LT ya know :rolleyes: )but he was outstanding at the senior bowl and even Mayock said he had the feet for LT but then he says he's a RT :blink: . I swear these guys are too scared to rate a guy out of the box unless everybody else does :wallbash: . Anyway I think he could play LT and could be the surprise pick at 10.

"Pass Blocking: Cordy Glenn is a massive human being with vines for arms (almost 85” wingspan). Overly powerful in both the lower and upper body. He shuffles well to the outside and has enough quickness to beat speed to the edge. Uses his hands well to keep defenders from his chest. When Glenn gets his hands on the defender it’s generally over for them, sticky through contact. Good quickness for his size with solid lateral agility. Powerful anchor but relies a little too much on it. He does get overextended at times trying to get to the edge which gets him beat to the inside. He is a waist bender that will need some work on his range. Probably a RT or G in the NFL because of the lack of elite range to handle the speed at LT.

Run Blocking: Ideal blocker in a power run scheme. Excellent coil as he generates a ton of power through his lower body. He has enough range to be effective pulling and getting into the second level. He breaks down pretty well on contact in the open field for his size. He plays a little high and has a tendency to lose leverage into contact. He gets a little lazy through contact and would like to see him drive his defenders out of the play more often.

Technique: Glenn is pushing 350 pounds, so his tendency to bend at the waist could be overlooked as he generally makes up for it with his power. He shows solid footwork and moves well laterally to get the edge against speed.

Athleticism/Strength: Good athlete for his size. His natural strength and long arms make up for a lot of what he lacks athletically. He doesn’t possess elite range on the edge but good enough to be an effective RT in the league. His strength is other-worldly.

Bottom Line: Glenn probably projects better as a guard but he can definitely play RT in the NFL. He can be dominant at the point of attack in confined areas but will struggle on an island against elite speed. He progressively got more comfortable as the year wore on at LT. Started out really rough against Boise St and finished strong with a very good showing at the Senior Bowl. At worst, he could be a starting guard for the next decade who you could play at tackle if need be. I think he’s a RT, and a very good one, in the league day one." Brad Clark

Dude's gonna be a roadgrader of a RT with the ability to spell at LT. Not sure if he's got the lateral ability to catch speedy rushers on the edge at the NFL level or pull as a guard. His shuttle and cone times were pretty low amongst all linemen at the combine. Got him in the 30-45 pick range at the present.

Dude's gonna be a roadgrader of a RT with the ability to spell at LT. Not sure if he's got the lateral ability to catch speedy rushers on the edge at the NFL level or pull as a guard. His shuttle and cone times were pretty low amongst all linemen at the combine. Got him in the 30-45 pick range at the present.

He's going first round.

No surprise picks @ 10 please.

The Bills should take someone who has been graded as a top 15 pick since January.

I think we will all be surprised with the first pick. (Nick Perry?)

I've been wondering this myself. With his long arms, excellent strength, and athleticism I really think he could be a very good LT. Although, I agree that he is probably better suited to play RT or G. I think with his long arms and strength, he could overcome his lack of "edge speed" as scouts call it, with an initial punch off the line. He's send guys like Maybin into orbit...quick first step or not.

somewhere, some way, somehow this seems like the second coming of Mike Williams. Can he line dance?

Mike Williams had no heart for the game and no nasty in him at all. Don't know how Donahoe didn't see that and I knew he would suck and at that time I wanted Roy Williams the safety who had a great although short career. Glen is not Williams trust me this kid is a mauler more like Marcus McNeil before the injuries who I was also hoping we would draft.

If he's going first round it's not going to be til at least 24 pittsburgh with guys like kalil, reiff, and Martin on the board.

I have yet to see buddy really reach with his first rounders and I don't see that starting this year

The Bills will and should stick to their board if they stay at pick 10. Which means the pick will likely be Luke Kuechly, LB from Boston College. Will play either ILB or OLB for the Bills. Mark it down.

Brought this up in another thread and would be good with it except I hate his wimpy tackling. What ever happened nasty LBs that want lay guys out?

Mike Williams had no heart for the game and no nasty in him at all. Don't know how Donahoe didn't see that and I knew he would suck and at that time I wanted Roy Williams the safety who had a great although short career. Glen is not Williams trust me this kid is a mauler more like Marcus McNeil before the injuries who I was also hoping we would draft.

Mike Wiliams was a panic pick.

TD wanted Joey H and built his whole draft around teh QB and failed to properly vet the top OTs

totally panicked when joey was gone- reaching for FAt Mike and passing on McKinnie

I find Cordy Glenn interesting because he could be an immediate starter at RG and would have the ability to play OT in case of injury- but not at 10- if we were to trade down like the Cincinnati deal getting 17 and 21 then he'd be in a mix of 5 or 6 players I'd be looking to get.