Slim Dunlap :Replacement down!

Buftex

Glad to hear he can still talk and all that. He's in for one hell of a ride though. Rehabbing half your body at age 60 is no small task.

Just queued up a bunch of old Replacements tracks on Spotify last week. It had been many years since I listened to my old Replacements albums/tapes.

I realize, Slim is not Bob Stinson, but I always liked the influence he had on the Mats sound...he was a little more "rootsy" in style. If you don't own it already, you should hunt down a copy of Dunlaps' "The Old New Me"..it came out around 1992 or 1993. Great little rock and roll record. I always dug this tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaJxh3mfp7o&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLF8A5BE57A0D697AA

been busy, so i missed this. thanks for posting, despite the sad news.

Dunlap was not Bobby, and that was both good and bad. Bobby's stinging guitar playing helped establish the 'Mats anthemic and rambunctious style. and yet, Bobby had far too many demons to deal with to keep it together.

Slim was more workmanlike and his approach was smoother, which helped round the 'Mats more mature direction in the latter years.

that said, Dunlap could write some good songs on his own. one of my go-to CDs is Dunlap's second release, "Times Like This."

jw

Just queued up a bunch of old Replacements tracks on Spotify last week. It had been many years since I listened to my old Replacements albums/tapes.

years!?! jeepers. it's been mere hours for me.

:devil: