Carson Palmer Trade

Why would Routt want to play CB for an offensive coordinator?

I'm not saying he would. I'm saying the only reason I can see as to why the Bengals would make an offensive-minded guy a secondary coach is because Routt and Jackson like/respect each other.

I'm not saying he would. I'm saying the only reason I can see as to why the Bengals would make an offensive-minded guy a secondary coach is because Routt and Jackson like/respect each other.

I get it and it's an interesting theory. I can't believe that's the "only reason" they signed Jackson. How would that work for Routt? If I'm Routt that would stop me from coming, how would he make me better? And it's not like Routt is the kind of free agent you covet enough to start doing crazy things like this for.

Looks like the Bengals hired Jackson merely to get Routt to sign with them. There can be no other explanation.

I'm saying the only reason I can see as to why the Bengals would make an offensive-minded guy a secondary coach is because Routt and Jackson like/respect each other.

The connection to the Bengals is that Hue Jackson was the wide receivers coach under Marvin Lewis for 3 seasons in Cincinnati.

He left there to become the offensive coordinator for the Falcons.

This is a bit of a homecoming for him.