Orlando Florida Bills Backers

Xbolt2506

Next weekend I will be moving from Central New York to Orlando Florida. I am a 10 year season ticket holder and have not missed a home game at The Ralph since the 2001 season. Without a doubt, the hardest part of me leaving the area is not leaving all of my family and friends behind. It is the fact that I will be leaving behind the Bills, in what I feel could be the start of a decent era. I figure if I am forced to watch them on TV that I might as well try and surround myself with Bills fans and hopefully make some great friends in the process. Does anybody on here know if there is an Orlando chapter of the Bills Backers or a place in Florida that is predominantly Bills fans? Any advice would be great!

Next weekend I will be moving from Central New York to Orlando Florida. I am a 10 year season ticket holder and have not missed a home game at The Ralph since the 2001 season. Without a doubt, the hardest part of me leaving the area is not leaving all of my family and friends behind. It is the fact that I will be leaving behind the Bills, in what I feel could be the start of a decent era. I figure if I am forced to watch them on TV that I might as well try and surround myself with Bills fans and hopefully make some great friends in the process. Does anybody on here know if there is an Orlando chapter of the Bills Backers or a place in Florida that is predominantly Bills fans? Any advice would be great!

Do yourself a favor and keep your tickets. If the Bills get good you'll have no trouble selling individual games and you may still want to fly up for a game or two.

PTR

This is the best group in Orlando, I used to go but I live on the other side of town.

Bills Backers of Orlando - East

Friendly Confines Sports Restaurant

413 North Alafaya Trail

Orlando, FL 32828, USA

Chapter President(s): Cheryl Gibbons

Woodington, billsbackerseast@earthlink.net

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep

Edited by I hate the Bills !

i always went to winter park ale house. always had a good group of guys (about 20) but its a sports bar a lot of other teams. I recommend eating at cheddar jacks, they are from buffalo and you can get some red hots/white, an awesome steak sandwich and ( i havent been there in over 2 years) they said they were going to start carrying roast beef on weck. may i ask why you are moving there?

There are a few different gathering spots for Bills fans in the Orlando area. The problem is, it all depends where you plan on living. Orlando, and the suburban Orlando area is really spread out. I live in a northern burb and it takes me just about an hour to get to the southern burbs, not nearly as long as East to West burbs but pretty close.

Once you're settled, check here and find which place has a gathering of Bills fans closest to you. I do know that some of the Beef O Brady's and as mentioned, Ale Houses, have groups of Bills fans that meet.

Also, the owner of Woodys BBQ in Orange City is from the Buffalo area and they have great smoked wings and pretty good specials on Sunday.

Edited by flomoe

As mentioned before my post there are several here in town and it is a very spread out area. I used to belong and go every game to the one on the east side of town that I believe now goes to the friendly confines. Was and am sure still is a great bunch of people. Stopped going in 1999 when it was at Devaneys when my wife was prego at about 8 months when we were playing the dolphags and as usual a large gathering was there. Some young dolphags fans came in and were already lit and sat down right next to our group and began running their mouths and being obnoxious and kept bumping into some older gentleman's chair when he was there with his family. They kept at it and finally the guy asked them to stop and they ran off with the mouth and one of them said to the old man what r u gonna do about it. He calmly got up walked over and grabbed the punk by the throat and pushed him off his chair. Well the other punks got up and came after the old guy and the rest of us stopped him and some tables were knocked over and all. My wife said on the way home to go and get the direct TV. I shyly said are you sure and it was installed before the next weekend. Haven't missed a season since and love being at home but also missed the atmosphere and the people. but it sure was funny and great to see the look on that kids face when that old man called his bluff!! Priceless!!

I got a new job down there with a pretty big jump in pay. The only thing that had me hesitating on moving was the Bills and it really is not practical to turn down an chance like this only to attend 8 Bills games a year. It is going to absolutely kill me once the season starts but I'll try and make it up to a few games this year and if I realize that I cant take not being at every game, I just come back to NY. No chance I will ever give up my seats at The Ralph either. Thanks guys, for all of the advice.

I got a new job down there with a pretty big jump in pay. The only thing that had me hesitating on moving was the Bills and it really is not practical to turn down an chance like this only to attend 8 Bills games a year. It is going to absolutely kill me once the season starts but I'll try and make it up to a few games this year and if I realize that I cant take not being at every game, I just come back to NY. No chance I will ever give up my seats at The Ralph either. Thanks guys, for all of the advice.

You win fan of the century. The fact that you would consider turning down a better job just to attend Bills games is amazing IMO. I wish you the best on your move and hopefully the Bills can reward your loyalty.

Welcome to Orlando. Your first order of business should be to get a CCW permit and a gun. "The City Beautiful" has become a cesspool of humanity and the crime rate is out of control. Which gives me another excuse to stay in and watch the games in the peace and serenity of my home!

I moved from Buffalo to Orlando in 1990. I'm in Melbourne now, but their are plenty of Bills fans in every town in Florida. That's not an exaggeration either. Even the last game of a 3-win and the Bills' bars are full. Oh, and Orlando is not dangerous. The bad parts are obvious; steer clear and you'll be fine.

I moved from Buffalo to Orlando in 1990. I'm in Melbourne now, but their are plenty of Bills fans in every town in Florida. That's not an exaggeration either. Even the last game of a 3-win and the Bills' bars are full. Oh, and Orlando is not dangerous. The bad parts are obvious; steer clear and you'll be fine.

It's not? The three women who just vanished off of the face of the earth beg to differ, I'm sure. Oh, and what about the ever increasing murder rate? Orlando IS bad, and it's getting worse. To stick your head in the sand and pretend like its all about the wonderful Mouse House doesn't do anyone any favors. I am telling him like it is. But, what do I know? Regrettably, I live here and I have to deal with the city's fine, upstanding citizens on a daily basis. Job security, I guess...

you must eat at 4 rivers bbq. please you will do yourself a favor. when i lived in otown, it was by far the best place to eat. Man... i cant wait to visit my friends just so i can go there. lol im sorry i know this is about bills backers but all i can think of is the food there. if you need any places to eat awesome, let me know.