Integrity of the game

plenzmd1

Colts have the third seed locked up. Jets play at 1.00 next Sunday and lets say they win. Then the Colts control who they will play the next week. What if they not just play backups, but truly lose the game intentionally. Like run the ball 45 times in a row, fumble going into the end zone, not tackling on D type stuff.I mean, right now who would you rather play, the Broncos or the Bills the first week of the playoffs. But my question is--- is this not the same as betting and controlling the outcome of the game? How can this be policed

This sucks, truly our only hope is the friggin Rams, and that only if the Rams win tonight.

This sucks, truly our only hope is the friggin Rams, and that only if the Rams win tonight.

180053[/snapback]

Not quite. The Rams are playing the Jets at home. Martz is fighting for his job. Regardless of what happenes tonight, the Jets will not be handed a game on the road.

Colts have the third seed locked up. Jets play at 1.00 next Sunday and lets say they win. Then the Colts control who they will play the next week. What if they not just play backups, but truly lose the game intentionally. Like run the ball 45 times in a row, fumble going into the end zone, not tackling on D type stuff.I mean, right now who would you rather play, the Broncos or the Bills the first week of the playoffs. But my question is--- is this not the same as betting and controlling the outcome of the game? How can this be policed

180053[/snapback]

Give it a rest. The Bills have been aided immeasureably the last few weeks by other teams. This past week, everyone was sure JAX was in, then they get clobbered by Houston. Baltimore was beaten twice the past two weeks, KC destroyed Denver last week. The only ways the Bills could be in better shape--given their own miserable start--was if Denver lost to Tennessee, which has about 4 players left.

The Bills put themselves in their current situation, no one else. That said, I like our chances. Of the teams we have been trying to catch, Denver and the Jets are the weakest. Would you like to be pulling for Miami to win at Baltimore this week, or Oakland beating JAX?--I don't think so.

Denver is falling apart, I don't care about them beating Tennessee. They lost to Oakland at home(another big help for the Bills by the way), were ripped by KC, and barely beat Miami at home. Indy can beat them with their "B-" game, and if the starters play for part of the game, I think Indy's backups can beat Jake Plummer. Would you prefer Cleveland or SF?

As to the Jets, they will be ripped in the media all week in NY after yesterday. I have as good an arm as Pennington, and if the Rams can right the ship tonight against Philadelphia--and I think they will given that the oddsmaker has made them 3 point FAVORITES against a 13-1 team--they just might be the greatest show on turf for one more day against the Jets.

Of course, the Bills still have to win. And I suppose it is unfair that the Steelers will play Maddox instead of Roethlisberger? Thought not. Bottom line, the Bills are in an extremely fortunate position for a team that was 0-4 and 3-6. Rather than complain about teams throwing games(oh, and remember how Levy would rest players when their opponent needed a win to make the playoffs--it's part of the game to do what is best for your team, not help others who started 0-4) , enjoy this week because it is way more interesting than anybody would have thought on November 20..... CD

Give it a rest.  The Bills have been aided immeasureably the last few weeks by other teams.  This past week, everyone was sure JAX was in, then they get clobbered by Houston.  Baltimore was beaten twice the past two weeks, KC destroyed Denver last week.  The only ways the Bills could be in better shape--given their own miserable start--was if Denver lost to Tennessee, which has about 4 players left.

The Bills put themselves in their current situation, no one else.  That said, I like our chances.  Of the teams we have been trying to catch, Denver and the Jets are the weakest.  Would you like to be pulling for Miami to win at Baltimore this week, or Oakland beating JAX?--I don't think so.

Denver is falling apart, I don't care about them beating Tennessee.  They lost to Oakland at home(another big help for the Bills by the way), were ripped by KC, and barely beat Miami at home.  Indy can beat them with their "B-" game, and if the starters play for part of the game, I think Indy's backups can beat Jake Plummer. Would you prefer Cleveland or SF?

As to the Jets, they will be ripped in the media all week in NY after yesterday.  I have as good an arm as Pennington, and if the Rams can right the ship tonight against Philadelphia--and I think they will given that the oddsmaker has made them 3 point FAVORITES against a 13-1 team--they just might be the greatest show on turf for one more day against the Jets.

Of course, the Bills still have to win.  And I suppose it is unfair that the Steelers will play Maddox instead of Roethlisberger?  Thought not.  Bottom line, the Bills are in an extremely fortunate position for a team that was 0-4 and 3-6.  Rather than complain about teams throwing games(oh, and remember how Levy would rest players when their opponent needed a win to make the playoffs--it's part of the game to do what is best for your team, not help others who started 0-4) , enjoy this week because it is way more interesting than anybody would have thought on November 20..... CD

180064[/snapback]

Agree with all of your points. I was just posturing that the NFL might frown upon a team laying down in a game. I do not mean playing backups, I mean intentionally losing a game. I just wonder if that happens is that the same as someone laying a bet and then being busted, ala Paul Horning. As Herm once fampously said" you play to WIN the game". What if Indy plays to lose? What are the ramifications from a league standpoint

Give it a rest.  The Bills have been aided immeasureably the last few weeks by other teams.  This past week, everyone was sure JAX was in, then they get clobbered by Houston.  Baltimore was beaten twice the past two weeks, KC destroyed Denver last week.  The only ways the Bills could be in better shape--given their own miserable start--was if Denver lost to Tennessee, which has about 4 players left.

The Bills put themselves in their current situation, no one else.  That said, I like our chances.  Of the teams we have been trying to catch, Denver and the Jets are the weakest.  Would you like to be pulling for Miami to win at Baltimore this week, or Oakland beating JAX?--I don't think so.

Denver is falling apart, I don't care about them beating Tennessee.  They lost to Oakland at home(another big help for the Bills by the way), were ripped by KC, and barely beat Miami at home.  Indy can beat them with their "B-" game, and if the starters play for part of the game, I think Indy's backups can beat Jake Plummer. Would you prefer Cleveland or SF?

As to the Jets, they will be ripped in the media all week in NY after yesterday.  I have as good an arm as Pennington, and if the Rams can right the ship tonight against Philadelphia--and I think they will given that the oddsmaker has made them 3 point FAVORITES against a 13-1 team--they just might be the greatest show on turf for one more day against the Jets.

Of course, the Bills still have to win.  And I suppose it is unfair that the Steelers will play Maddox instead of Roethlisberger?  Thought not.  Bottom line, the Bills are in an extremely fortunate position for a team that was 0-4 and 3-6.  Rather than complain about teams throwing games(oh, and remember how Levy would rest players when their opponent needed a win to make the playoffs--it's part of the game to do what is best for your team, not help others who started 0-4) , enjoy this week because it is way more interesting than anybody would have thought on November 20..... CD

180064[/snapback]

That, right there, is one outstanding post. That'll keep me going through the week!

Not quite. The Rams are playing the Jets at home. Martz is fighting for his job. Regardless of what happenes tonight, the Jets will not be handed a game on the road.

180055[/snapback]

Plus Chad Pennington has been stinking up the joint lately....When they needed

wins Chad has not delivered....May be he will crumble next week....