Byrd , Levitre, who else needs to be extended NOW?

zazie

I think the title basically says it. The guys you want to keep (Steve and Bell), you don't even let them hit free agency(unless you are the Bills)..... you get Levitre and Byrd done BEFORE training camp, and with Wood you probably do one of those "during the season" extensions providing he looks like he has many years left. This is how a real team would do it but unfortunately we are Bills fans......and you can't change who you really are man! Apollo Creed taught us that!

Johnson, absolutely. Bell-I can't imagine that any GM views Bell in that same light as some (inexplicably) do here. The FA "waters" will be very shallow for "Mr Softy" Bell.

Wood absolutely HAS to complete a 16 game season before you sign his next contract. Look back at his latest injury--what was the mechanism? Now way you re-sign him next year unless he survives the season as starter.

Hey BestPlayerAvailable......NEWSFLASH!!!!! The contract IS played out for SJ! But the Bills will wait till 2 days before free agency to contact his agent to start contract talks! You don't wait till the last minute like that if you really are serious about keeping a player. :wallbash:

We agree there...I'll tell you what...If this Organization can't get a deal done with Stevie... :wallbash:

I don't know...But I know I've had quite enough of The Bills losing talent and barely treading water in that area...They cannot afford to lose a guy like Stevie and still expect to be competitive in a Division that may just add Peyton Manning next year...They better re-sign Stevie...They better get it done, and then get him help on the other side too...

I honestly believe this deal will have an effect on Season Ticket Sales...Especially if they don't re-sign him...Fans can only take so much and Bills Fans have been though WAY more than their share with this Team...I have a feeling if Stevie gets away, no matter what they do after, they are going to seriously piss off a good portion of their Fan base...I just have a feeling about that... B-)

The only way I'd be okay with it is if they make a big FA acquisition to make up for it. Letting him walk for nothing & blowing a high pick on his replacement is unacceptable.

Nobody said easy as possible, but the Bills ALWAYS wait till the last minute to start even talking, then are like OH, WELL WE TRIED TO GET SOMETHING DONE.....

On if he will re-open talks with Johnson’s representatives for a new deal in the next few weeks:

There were proposals made during the season. The last one we made their stance was we’d like for Stevie to concentrate on the season, finish out the year and then start the talks at the end of the year. And there has been dialogue since the season was over and they will continue.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Transcript-General-Manager-Buddy-Nix/037507a7-365d-401e-9d19-477e152d0082

Hey BestPlayerAvailable......NEWSFLASH!!!!! The contract IS played out for SJ! But the Bills will wait till 2 days before free agency to contact his agent to start contract talks! You don't wait till the last minute like that if you really are serious about keeping a player. :wallbash:

Obviously they believe he is asking too much. How hard is that to comprehend? Is it a first in pro sports? Hardly. Do you actually believe every team in pro sports extends before free agency? News flash They don't.

Also he has lost a game single hand-idly all by himself every year he's been a starter. personally if it was my money I would lock him up for 5 years with a back loaded contract. It's not, and it has absolutely nothing to do with Ralph is cheap. Has anyone here ever been in a negotiation? They can be quite interesting. Also he is not yet a free agent. he can negoiate with no one.

In your world maybe you don't wait until the last minute. This is a world of multi-million dollar pro sports deals. There done every day of the week. Let the pros handle it. They do it for a living.

Edited by Best Player Available

Obviously they believe he is asking too much. How hard is that to comprehend? Is it a first in pro sports? Hardly. Do you actually believe every team in pro sports extends before free agency? News flash They don't.

Also he has lost a game single hand-idly all by himself every year he's been a starter. personally if it was my money I would lock him up for 5 years with a back loaded contract. It's not, and it has absolutely nothing to do with Ralph is cheap. Has anyone here ever been in a negotiation? They can be quite interesting. Also he is not yet a free agent. he can negoiate with no one.

In your world maybe you don't wait until the last minute. This is a world of multi-million dollar pro sports deals. There done every day of the week. Let the pros handle it. They do it for a living.

Actually JStanger is in the real world.

You're living in a dream world.

Teams that want to reward their 7th round picks, that only worked hard and played hard, as well as performed on the field sign those players the season before they become free agent 100% of the time they want to keep them, or factor them into their long term plans.

Not to mention this team can demonstrate to the players and the league that the Bills franchise is not a farm team, that you can in fact get paid in Buffalo.

There is 0.00% chance that a contract is signed before Stevie becomes a free agent. It makes no sense anymore for Stevie to sign. Why would you not test the market? You only get to be under 30 and a free agent in demand maybe once in the NFL. You should take advantage of it.

Edited by Why So Serious?

The SJ situation is such a joke.

Good teams extend the rookie contracts of players that perform.

Now we have 2 more entering contract years. Should we not just extend them now?

We need to extend Urbik and Rinehart now, so that we can keep some depth on the OL. Chandler, too.

1328392727[/url]' post='2376882']

Which game did he single handedly lose this year? Please say the second jet game so I can laugh even harder at you.