New Bears GM starts by throwing in the towel

Mr. WEO

I don't get it, he's throwing in the towel by considering AVP for QB's coach?

He may not have been the best choice at the time for OC in Buffalo, but the guy is a former QB who has been a QB coach in multiple places, and also has interest from the Colts and Steelers for this position

Agreed, I think AVP has a bright future in the league as a coach. Tice though, Tice sucks.

Terrible thread title.

Good for avp though. Having multiple franchises looking at him he will be in the league awhile.

But even if avp was the worst qb coach of all time, that still wouldn't equal an nfl gm throwing in the towel. Throwing in the towel would be like quitting, firing people he just hired, cutting franchise players for no reason. But interviewing avp for qb coach? C'mon

Terrible thread title.

Good for avp though. Having multiple franchises looking at him he will be in the league awhile.

But even if avp was the worst qb coach of all time, that still wouldn't equal an nfl gm throwing in the towel. Throwing in the towel would be like quitting, firing people he just hired, cutting franchise players for no reason. But interviewing avp for qb coach? C'mon

AVP should never had made an OC, but it was definitely legit to think of him as a QB coach. The guy was smart, started for a brief time, and was a clipboard holder for a great QB. He has the experience and deserves a chance.

You kind of set yourself up for failure with the title, I was hoping for something funny.