We Want Playoffs This Year

JohninMinn.

I'm as happy with the turnaround as everybody else but don't assume things automaticaly get better next year. In this league you need a lot of luck and fortitude. I would feel much better going into the playoffs now with this momentum than having to start over next year. :devil:

I have maintained since before the Cincy game that if we were able to win those next two games (which we did, obviously), then I don't think the AFC Pro Bowl squad could stop us at home, 9-6 and playing for a playoff berth.

That crowd is going to be pumped.

Still, the Steelers are a huge challenge - and they aren't going to just roll over. That defense is very talented and it will be a test for our squad.

I have maintained since before the Cincy game that if we were able to win those next two games (which we did, obviously), then I don't think the AFC Pro Bowl squad could stop us at home, 9-6 and playing for a playoff berth.

Still, the Steelers are a huge challenge - and they aren't going to just roll over. That defense is very talented and it will be a test for our squad.

179376[/snapback]

:devil: Bill Cowher vs Mularkey and Tom Donahoe :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

After the first Super Bowl loss, I felt okay knowing that we would be back and have other opportunities to win the game........the moral--in the NFL--playing for tomorrow is a fantasy--play for today....win all you can today.

179376[/snapback]

Stillers have been killers on the road. They beat the Iggles or Pats on the road quite handedly among other very good teams. Us, winning, is not a given. Unless they rest their starters. Which, btw, they won't do, after what was said by someone in the post game interviews part.

When MM was asked about that possibility, he replied: "Nope, that's not his style". He was referring to Cowher.

Stillers have been killers on the road.  They beat the Iggles or Pats on the road quite handedly among other very good teams.  Us, winning, is not a given.  Unless they rest their starters.  Which, btw, they won't do, after what was said by someone in the post game interviews part. 

When MM was asked about that possibility, he replied:  "Nope, that's not his style".  He was referring to Cowher.

179466[/snapback]

The way we are playing the Steelers are no threat, starters or no starters. The fact we are at home makes it even easier. ;)

Stillers have been killers on the road.  They beat the Iggles or Pats on the road quite handedly among other very good teams.  Us, winning, is not a given.  Unless they rest their starters.  Which, btw, they won't do, after what was said by someone in the post game interviews part. 

When MM was asked about that possibility, he replied:  "Nope, that's not his style".  He was referring to Cowher.

179466[/snapback]

Im positive Pitt beat New England at HOME, idk about the Eagles....

179466[/snapback]

Well they have not met our Buffalo Bills!!!

Im positive Pitt beat New England at HOME, idk about the Eagles....

179987[/snapback]

Pitt beat NE and Philly in Pittsburgh in consecutive weeks.

I'd say Jacksonville was their most impressive road win if I had to pick one. No one else is + .500 (Miami, Cincy, Cleveland, NYG, Dallas - they lost to Baltimore).

The Steelers have been lucky against both East divisions to have played the tough teams in Pittsburgh and the easier games on the road.