Article re League Wide Poll of Head Coaches

Chan Gailey is quoted in the article below. His comments are short but insightful:

League-wide coaches poll

My apologies if this was previously posted.

They are insightful, it really launches you into the mind of a coach. Brilliant. 7 points is a lot better than giving the ball to the opponent.

"

In a league-wide poll, head coaches from all 32 teams were asked if they enjoyed punting, and to describe how much enjoyment it made them feel. All 32 answered "no" to the first question, and either "none at all" or "very little" to the second.

Only two respondents answered "very little" instead of "none at all": Cowboys coach Jason Garrett, who admitted he may have been confused by the question, and Denver coach John Fox, who said he took some comfort in the fact that punting meant he was voluntarily relinquishing possession of the ball and that his quarterback, Tim Tebow, hadn't done anything stupid with it."

Do you think this puts Garrett on the hot seat?

They are insightful, it really launches you into the mind of a coach. Brilliant. 7 points is a lot better than giving the ball to the opponent.

"

In a league-wide poll, head coaches from all 32 teams were asked if they enjoyed punting, and to describe how much enjoyment it made them feel. All 32 answered "no" to the first question, and either "none at all" or "very little" to the second.

Only two respondents answered "very little" instead of "none at all": Cowboys coach Jason Garrett, who admitted he may have been confused by the question, and Denver coach John Fox, who said he took some comfort in the fact that punting meant he was voluntarily relinquishing possession of the ball and that his quarterback, Tim Tebow, hadn't done anything stupid with it."

Do you think this puts Garrett on the hot seat?

I don't follow the Cowboys much, so I can't comment intelligently about whether it puts Garrett on the hot seat or not. But I'm surprised by what Fox said about Tebow - - he could have been a lot more circumvent in his comments. I wonder what the Broncos locker room thought of it?

"Scoring touchdowns is the best," Buffalo Bills head coach Chan Gailey said. "You usually get seven points, which can really help in terms of beating your opponent. But you can't get that number of points when you punt unless something really weird happens."

"Overall, I prefer when my team scores a touchdown a lot more than when another team scores a touchdown," he continued.

:w00t: