if an OT is the pick at 10...

my answer to that question is all about if. if ot is the pick i would hope that the guy is a monster of a human being that can pass block effectively but absolutely drive defenders into the ground. this would be great for freddy seeing how he can take a mile if given an inch, and also help the improving cj spiller to finally "turn that corner" and go vertical with a full head of steam. i would in theory prefer a dominant pass rusher, but i could be talked into this hypothetical ot selection. any thoughts?

For the first time in several years I'm not hoping for a big OT in the first. However, if we take one I'd be ok with it, provided he's an upgrade. I'd still keep Bell on for depth and insurance if we can afford it, and if he becomes expendable down the road we could always trade him for picks.

If we do go OT in the first I would certainly hope we get a DE/OLB in FA.

No to OT. Yes to qb, wr, pass rush de.

We spin our wheels for another year with a stud OT. We need a impact players now, build the off line in free agency and later rounds of the draft.

What has Jake long and Joe Thomas done for the overall teams? Great players but wheels have spun

The pick @ #10 does not matter who, or what position. What matters is that pick must come in from day one, play and make an immediate difference. At least, that's my stance and that's what will satisfy me.

this is pretty much where i am right now. i was just curious as to the general thought of putting a stud ot on the line to go with wood, levitre, and the best of the rest of our guys.

No to OT. Yes to qb, wr, pass rush de.

We spin our wheels for another year with a stud OT. We need a impact players now, build the off line in free agency and later rounds of the draft.

What has Jake long and Joe Thomas done for the overall teams? Great players but wheels have spun

This argument doesn't do much for me. I get the overall point, that an OT does not by himself have the impact that some other postions do, but when teamed up with other solid O-linemen it's a different story. A stacked offensive line can really open up an offense. Personally, I'd rather resign Bell and pick up a game changer, but if the BPA is an OT I wouldn't be upset.

I just don't see an OT improving this team very much. However if we hit on a defensive end, our def could go from bad to very good easily. Our secondary would benefit and we might take the next step into the playoffs.

WR is a huge need as well. I just don't see OT being top priority, even if it is BPA at 10

I look at the top 3 OTs and think meh, in other drafts I think these guys are late first and second round guys - If the Bills are really looking for BPA then my guest is Dre Kirkpatrick, or Quinton Coples, I'm not crazy about a CB but a 6,3 CB who can match up with some of the huge WRs not in the league is something I could see Nix wanting.

Nope. Since we're talking about a #10 draft pick it should only be used on a LT and I'm happy with 'serviceable' to 'good' for our left tackle. A healthy Bell fits that fine IMO. I do want a better backup for him. I think Hairston could be a very good RT, not convinced he could be a good enough LT, but we'll see.

The offensive line and its performance is too much related on how ALL of the line works, on the offensive scheme used, on the QB, the RB (on their ability to run as well as block as well as be a dump-off receiver). We've seen time and again how a different QB behind the same line dramatically changes the number of sacks allowed. (such as flutie/RJ)

We've got a decent line with a scheme and a QB that will get rid of the ball quickly. I don't want a possible modest upgrade on our OL with the #10 pick. I want a difference maker. Especially a passrush. It's far and away our biggest team weakness. ONE player like Mario Williams can make a monstrous difference in our pashrush and our defense as a whole.

Give me a pashrusher. (Truthfully BPA at the spot) But since we're so lacking at that position, I'd be willing to reach, because the upgrade on the position would be so great over what we have.

my answer to that question is all about if. if ot is the pick i would hope that the guy is a monster of a human being that can pass block effectively but absolutely drive defenders into the ground. this would be great for freddy seeing how he can take a mile if given an inch, and also help the improving cj spiller to finally "turn that corner" and go vertical with a full head of steam. i would in theory prefer a dominant pass rusher, but i could be talked into this hypothetical ot selection. any thoughts?

If we draft a OT at #10, I'm not really thrilled. I think we have our starters in Pears and Hairston, so I would want to draft a swing tackle, which you do not use a 1st-round pick on. I don't want to bring back Bell, either.

Funny thing is this the first time in 5yrs I didn't want a OL player in the first. We could definently upgrade at tackle. I wouldnt be mad I just belive there will not be a #10 overall worthy tackle avalible. Im staying firmly on the Upshaw boat.

Even if we go to a 4-3?

Hairston will get eaten alive over a full season at LT. You would never be able to use your full playbook because of giving him help so much.

He needed hep? Not a shocker since he was a rookie 4th rounder. Remember Howard Ballard? 11th-rounder out of Alabama A&M? Tuyrned out to be pretty decent. I think you assume Hairston has peaked and cannot develop any more.

Edited by jjmac

Hairston will get eaten alive over a full season at LT. You would never be able to use your full playbook because of giving him help so much.

Fully disagree, the guy is a monster, and personally I thought he was better than Bell as a rookie. I am not saying he is necessarily a "top level" OT, but he can hold his own if the Bills end up going that direction.

Personally I would be ok with it, providing that he actually pans out and becomes a dominant player (I know, no way we can know that). I think the Bills biggest need on this team is a top notch pass rusher, but I'm not so sure there is one in this draft worthy of the #10 pick. So I trust that Nix and Co. will take the best player available that can help this team in the biggest way, whether that be OT, WR, DE, LB, QB, whatever.

If one of the "superstars" like RG3 or Blackmon falls, its a no brainer...Otherwise, I don't see that one guy that "we just have to have" in this draft. If we take an OT in the 1st, then we should be able to get a quality WR/LB/DE in the 2nd/3rd or vice versa.

I am more concerned with making this draft count as a whole, like last year. We have a lot of holes to fill...

Edited by Turbosrrgood