ESPN Article on Bills in NY...

Per this morning's news, and the front page of TBD, the portion of the $84 million Cuomo was talking about was a final $2.9M annual installment already committed like 15 years ago by Pataki.

LOL politicians. This is why I don't vote anymore. They're all just completely full of ****.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, just wow. I don't want to express my political opinions on here as I seem to be really out of touch in some ways with my hometown but he is really his fathers son. One thing that really bothers me though is that DNA thing. I guess that is one way to slow down the 99%. And they are going to go to Ralph with no upgrades? Seriously and say that they want the team there? Really, his fathers son.

Hey I put the

"Quarrels often arise in marriages when the bridal gifts are excessive." and just to be fair, from the father of Cynicism, Antisthenes

in there.

But my opinion is that after living away from Bflo. for almost 20 years now is that keeping them in the area is a very good thing for the city. If for no other reason then it remains a big city, in peoples minds and gets press (I understand the Bills press is not great but press is press). The tax money going to the stadium (not the team directly) is good to help that happen. There are fiscal benefits to having the team there to the state and vise-versa. I understand things are rough there and have been for a long time. It also help me feel like it is my home in a way that wouldn't happen if the Bills were not there, I don't have the money or urge to come back but if I was running a business that feeling might convince me to spend some of my dollars on some sort of enterprise there.

We can discuss the economic merits of the Bills being in Buffalo, but what I was talking about originally (cynically ;) ) was Cuomos motives. I believe his motives were 100% political, and that he does not care much about Buffalo (or all of WNY) except for votes. I contend that renovations to the Ralph bringing extra money to the Buffalo area is the last thing on the Governors mind. Yeah, I'm a cynical S.O.B., but I have seen nothing from politicians in general, and Cuomo in particular, to make me think any differently on this matter.

And based on this, I'd say my cynicism was well justified.

Per this morning's news, and the front page of TBD, the portion of the $84 million Cuomo was talking about was a final $2.9M annual installment already committed like 15 years ago by Pataki.

LOL politicians. This is why I don't vote anymore. They're all just completely full of ****.

Edited by CodeMonkey

On top of the tax money generated by having these multi million dollar earners based in NY state. There are numerous economic benefits to the region having a team located in WNY. From toll booth traffic, hotel bookings, tax on merchandise, and many many other things that bring in a revenue stream. It is not like the Bills will be given 84 million dollars without any coming back in to the state coffers.

I missed the part in the article where it says anyone is threatening to move the Bills out of WNY.

Anyway, assuming the 84 million bribe keeps them here for the forseeable future, then they will be returining no more "to the state coffers" than they did this year (without the 84 million). It never gets repaid.

:thumbsup::worthy:

thats awesome,i too,would donate to help keep the bills in buffalo. i dont have much but i could cough a 20.00. they have given me and my dad plenty to shout about over the past 50 years :worthy::thumbsup::worthy:

They can take a couple dollars out my check to keep the Bills in WNY... Tell the governor I'll pay your cut too... Just take it out my check...

this is what i posted to

Edited by billsfan in n.h