Vacationing in WNY 7-13-15 2012

Hammered a Lot

There's no doubt it's a hoax - if this was ever pulled off it would be the biggest country concert ever, as far I know. I mean Garth Brooks, who doesn't tour, Taylor, George Strait on and on.............I just can't figure out the scam part - they don't seem to be asking for money.

I just got an e-mail from Country Jam On The Lake. Sorry to say The Event has been CANCELLED at this time. No reason given. It could be the WNY curse of promises made, than not completed.I know some of you are heart broken

by this news. On a side note, people in the town of Angola are thinking it would have been a good thing if there were concerts held at Evangola State Park. Of course not as big as Jam On The Lake. Perhaps this might get the ball rolling. I just saw a Pig fly by my house!

Saw it that this was in fact a scam I think either buffalo news or wivb reported the guy running the scam was trying to get vendors to make a deposit for this fictional concert

I was wondering what the money part was. He couldn't have made it any more preposterous if he tried. All the names on there would have made it the biggest country concert I had ever heard of. And, Evangola?

Police say the post asked vendors for $1,000 deposits to save their spots.

Police say the advertisement is false, and that anyone who responded to the ad should contact Mr. Bernard Madoff for their money back.

I doubt if any money traded hands as the vender application was to be signed and returned to the guys home address in Angola. Than an acceptance letter of your appplication letter would be sent with rental invoice than you sign agreement letter and return with deposit. Time frame too long and the cops were on this as of Monday morning from what I found out. I would guess they were checking (no pun intented) his mail the last couple of days,