Tight Enda

Catmanjax

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice but besides the Bills having bigger needs, these ultra tight ends are hard to come by.

There's only about 5-6 of these guys in the NFL.

I don't know if there are any in this year's draft but I haven't heard that there is.

Guys like Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis don't come out every year.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

It would be nice but besides the Bills having bigger needs, these ultra tight ends are hard to come by.

I don't know if there are any in this year's draft but I haven't heard that there is.

And they will be terribly overdrafted now.

Graham was a lot of luck. His senior year of college was first year of football

They sure seem to lately (Hernandez, Gronk, Graham...). Who saw them coming?

Lots of good ones. The second game has 2 we passed on. Hard to get them sounds like hard to win in the NFL

Name the good tight ends in the NFL.

I would bet that maybe 1 in 4 teams has a difference-making tight end.

The Bills problem (if you want to complain about something) is not that they don't have a good tight end… it's that they only have one good wide receiver.

An elite tight end is a luxury… especially if you don't have good wide receivers.

If the Bills had Megatron playing opposite Stevie Johnson, there would be no conversation about tight ends.

It would be nice if the Bills had an elite tight end.

I'm a bit more worried about pass rusher, wide receiver...

An elite tight end is a luxury… especially if you don't have good wide receivers.

TE's carry teams w/ out WRs. Pats. 49ers. That's just today. It's well known a QB's best friend is a dominate TE.

And Chandler is not a dominate TE. He is average. It's the truth. Average gets TDs/first downs form time to time and that's what Chandler does.

TE's carry teams w/ out WRs. Pats. 49ers. That's just today. It's well known a QB's best friend is a dominate TE.

Well that's only two teams which strengthens my point.

In the vast majority of the NFL, teams rely on wide receivers in the passing game and if you have a great tight end who contributes, it's a luxury.

As to your other point, we already have a security blanket/QB's best friend type tight end in Chandler.

I hear ya.

We have a good one in Chandler.

I don't know if there's any elite ones available in the draft this year but I haven't heard there's one.

Other thing is elite TE can co-exist better with elite WR. My concern about getting stacked at WR is they start biatching all the time about not getting the ball

Other thing is elite TE can co-exist better with elite WR. My concern about getting stacked at WR is they start biatching all the time about not getting the ball

What? Who the hell would biatch about getting the ball on this team? That's the last concern I would have for us.

And as for just using those two teams...there are many other teams. Basically any time a top tier TE comes around he finds a way to be his QBs greatest asset. I mean I'm thinking of the top TE's today (Gronk, Witten, Davis (today anyway...but he is inconsistent), Gonzalez for years, Gates when healthy (and he has a good WR on his team)...etc

Basically Dallas Clark is one of the few top guys that merely plays his role when the time comes and that's just b/c Peyton sees the entire field like nobody else. If you have a super all-star QB than can see the D before they even move then it's not so huge but for all mortal QBs there is NOTHING better. Certainly not a WR

I gotta be honest.....i think chandler is a solid TE!!!

Well that's only two teams which strengthens my point.

In the vast majority of the NFL, teams rely on wide receivers in the passing game and if you have a great tight end who contributes, it's a luxury.

As to your other point, we already have a security blanket/QB's best friend type tight end in Chandler.

Solid? Security blanket? The guy has been injured twice already, despite being a huge guy with very low miles on him.