Laurent Robinson--how much is he worth?

Beerball

With the $$$ Dallas has tied up in Austin & Bryant how much will they be willing to spend on Robinson? He had injuries in previous years that slowed him down but he came in and made an immediate impact on the Cowboys.

14 games, 54 receptions, 858 yards, 11 TDs

He'd be a solid pick-up, but at what cost? Like SJ it took time for Robinson to have his coming out party.

With the $$$ Dallas has tied up in Austin & Bryant how much will they be willing to spend on Robinson? He had injuries in previous years that slowed him down but he came in and made an immediate impact on the Cowboys.

14 games, 54 receptions, 858 yards, 11 TDs

He'd be a solid pick-up, but at what cost? Like SJ it took time for Robinson to have his coming out party.

He'd have stevies numbers with 16 starts. So apparently in the ballpark of 8 million?

If we could grab him for 4-5 and be lucky enough to resign Stevie for 7 or so, I'd be much happier about our Wr corps. I like Robinson and think he would be a great addition.

Realistically I agree with this. My 8m was a little tongue-in-cheek with the idea that 7.5 for Stevie is an amazing hometown discount. I think it's about fair.

Edited by NoSaint

I will take bout 9M for each of them, and I would have no problem doing so. Keep Bell and add one more TE in free agency and we could go HEAVY D in the draft. Or we could go after Bowe hard instead because I believe he fits our offense and personnel best out of all the free agent WR's.

Offer Steve 8 and Bowe 10, and we'd have a shot.....

He had a strong season and is a good sized target, I have no idea if he is fast (a runner?). I liked the TD catch he made for the boys in the giants game. I have no idea how much he would be worth, he had 2 seasons where he was in 14 games in a row. Young enough same as Stevie 4th year.... He should get a look from us at least, don't they have a TE that was Chandlers competition going into FA too?

Yeah, Bennett would be a nice addition too, even though he's as dumb as a box of rocks.....superior athelete at the TE position though. Would be a nice compliment to Chandler, which you need these days.

Bennett...just say no. The Cowboys wish they had dealt him a couple years ago. They could have gotten some nice picks for him. He will never live up to his abilities.

Yeah beerball, like I said, the light's really not on upstairs for the guy lol. I guy I really like as a somewhat under-the-radar type signing would be John Carlson from Seattle. Kind of the 2nd option there after Miller, but would be a #1 here. Good all around TE when healthy.

In 2010 I thought he was going to link up with Bradford, but that never happened. I'm in a 30 man fantasy football roster, (no IDPs) so the UDFAs are pretty deep.

I had him on my watch list for the last few years. In other news

I finally cashed in this year in Fantasy Football. My WRs were struggling and Jocoby Jones wasn't doing jack with AJ80 out of the lineup so I took a flyer on him.

I wouldn't be surprised if they find away to keep Robinson, as he became more of Romo's GoTo WR down the stretch more than Austin or Bryant. He really wasn't getting full time PT until week 8 and he had all of those 11 TDs in the second half of the season. You can say with Witten, Austin, Bryant defenses had to let someone go, so Robinson was the beneficiary of that stacked roster and you can stick anyone in there at WR#3 and they'd be open but I think Robinson has talent that would allow him to be a good "WR#2."

So Yeah, I think he would be a nice addition if Stevie were signed. If Stevie isn't signed than its a typical sidestep or backward step by the Bills.

He might take the low ball offer they gave Stevie, so yeah you saved $2M!!! Win Buffalo Bills FO! Great way to run your team; lose your in house developed talent that knows your system and pickup some journeymen talent at a good price. Who cares if anyone knows how he'll do. He'll play for less than Stevie so its a win.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Why So Serious?

Is there any actual confirmation that Robinson is a UFA?

I had not heard his name before in the discussion of available FA receivers.

Yeah he was cut by the Chargers, and the Cowgirls gave him a 1 year min contract to give him a spin.

But here is some confirmation:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4689280/laurent-robinson-one-of-nfls-most-underrated

Edited by Why So Serious?

Is there any actual confirmation that Robinson is a UFA?

I had not heard his name before in the discussion of available FA receivers.

It's because there are soooooo many out there. Puts Stevie in a bit of perspective, no?

The key isn't getting Stevie, it's getting the right ones at the right price. Stevie might be that guy, but theres A LOT of options that are as talented if not more

Edited by NoSaint

He might take the low ball offer they gave Stevie, so yeah you saved $2M!!! Win Buffalo Bills FO! Great way to run your team; lose your in house developed talent that knows your system and pickup some journeymen talent at a good price. Who cares if anyone knows how he'll do. He'll play for less than Stevie so its a win.

:rolleyes:

It's because there are soooooo many out there. Puts Stevie in a bit of perspective, no?

The key isn't getting Stevie, it's getting the right ones at the right price. Stevie might be that guy, but theres A LOT of options that are as talented if not more

Are you a one of the geniuses at One Bills drive?

If the Bills have that mentality, then they will be the last ones standing at the dance. Receivers aren't lined up to come to Buffalo so that Ryan Fitzpatrick can throw them 12 yard square ins all year.

Wilson and his band of idiots have to realize that Buffalo is one of the least desirable destinations in the league, due in large part to their own incompetence. If the Bills and Johnson were a couple, the Bills would be the ugly overweight guy that began to date the real pretty girl before she started to blossom. While the pretty girl has a couple shortcomings, like she occasionally stays out all night or flirts with other dudes, the guy would be wise to hang onto her, because she is the best he will get. To think that other really pretty and nice girls would be lining up for his services should he cut ties with her would be delusional. Instead, he could expect maybe a couple fat girls to catch him on the rebound.

Similarly, if the Bills were to cut ties with Stevie, they can expect to be saddled with the likes of David Clowney and Derek Hagan. The Dwayne Bowe's and even the Laurent Robinson will find more attractive suitors.