I have as much or more respect

ieatcrayonz

...despite their lack of respect for personal property.

youtube.com/watch?v=HJBjXi3MetE&feature=related

Fake? I can usually spot the fakes a mile away, but this one is confusing me. It seems plausible, although I've never had my airbag go off from a slight tap. Also, the camerawork is a little too steady and too focused on the events at hand. I would expect a much bigger reaction from the person with the camera and the skateboarders.

I'm pretty sure its fake. If it is, it's a really good attempt at creating a viral video. I wonder who's behind it.

Fake? I can usually spot the fakes a mile away, but this one is confusing me. It seems plausible, although I've never had my airbag go off from a slight tap. Also, the camerawork is a little too steady and too focused on the events at hand. I would expect a much bigger reaction from the person with the camera and the skateboarders.

I'm pretty sure its fake. If it is, it's a really good attempt at creating a viral video. I wonder who's behind it.

To me the framing of the video is too good to be real.

I kind of think the same thing. It seems unrealistic that the guy would honk the 2nd, 3rd, 4th times.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

It has to be fake. Based on this article, it takes a force equivalent to hitting a brick wall at 10-15 miles per hour for the airbags to be deployed. Plus, if an old lady swinging a purse at a bumper would set an airbag off, anything could set it off, including bumping a car while parking or possibly even hitting a shopping cart. Now that I've completely over-analyzed this, it's 100% fake.

Replacing an airbag plus any possible damage to the bumper would cost hundreds if not close to a grand in a mercedes (looks like an SL). While there is a good chance it is fake seems like an awfully expensive 30, or so, second video stunt to get a little notice on youtube.

Ikea....

http://www.adrants.com/2005/09/old-lady-whacks-car-air-bag-explodes.php

Video is about 5 years old.

I think it's funny that you're all pointing to how easily the airbag was deployed to point out it's probably fake. While none of you pointed out how many old ladies fall asleep while walking across the street....wait, never mind. It's real.

I think it's funny that you're all pointing to how easily the airbag was deployed to point out it's probably fake. While none of you pointed out how many old ladies fall asleep while walking across the street....wait, never mind. It's real.

Seeing is believing ...

That is the only part that could be plausible.

Unlike me, not everyone has as much or more respect for old people than anyone.