97 Rock Will No Longer Carry Bills Games

Yes. I used to normally just listen to the archived stuff on GR, interviews and such, so you didn't get too much editorializing. But, starting with this football season, work situation changing, I have listened to more real time stuff on GR, and I never get the feeling that they are "too soft" on the Sabres. Schoop and Bulldog are pretty harsh at times...

Agree, too, abotu Hamilton. I think he is great as a Sabres reporter, because hockey is, obviously, his passion, and I never get the feeling that he knows as much about football, he is just doing the job, as he is instructed. He offers, IMO, more insight than any local person, on the Sabres "behind the scenes", but doesn't seem as well connected with the Bills. I don't fault him, but, I suspect GR will get somebody else on the Bills beat, maybe Joe Buscaligia? I also wouldn't be surprised to see much of 97Rocks' programming and Bills people moved to GR.

Honestly, and I hate to say this, because I know he lurks here, but I guess I am missing the "alternative appeal" that Brad Riter seems to have. I don't dislike him, mind you, he is fine...but, to me, has many of the same strengths and weaknesses as Mike Schoop, who most (not me) seem to have the biggest issues with. Either way, it seems like he (Riter) may have said/written enough to have irreparably damaged his realtionship with GR. I can't see him going back there.

To me, this is a great move. It is far better to have one comprehensive channel for WNY sports talk, than two that are sort of only half-way there.

I don't think Brad Riter had alternative appeal. I think some on here wanted to paint him as that because they hate GR. I just think he's the best in WNY. I think he has the strengths of Schoop (intelligence) without the arrogance. And, I do like Schoop.........Brad subbed for Bauerle on WBEN during the holidays (another Entercom station - I believe in the same building). It even said in the paper that the Entercom people saw it for what it was - he was a program director at WECK trying to get attention there. The program director at GR who had issues with and who fired him is gone, so I hope he has a role at GR and/or BEN. I actually like him now more for general talk, with a good portion of sports, than 100% sports. But, I'd take him either way. And, him taking Cowherd's place would be awesome!

Wow, i think adding Riter to the station again would be just more of the same banal, unprofessional, weak radio that has defined GR for many, many years. Let's face it, GR is a very below average sports talk station. Howard Simon is as milquetoast and lame as a broadcaster as they come. Not that he's not critical it's just he isn't very good broadcaster. His sidekick offers nothing. How Bulldog still has a job is totally amazing. Inarticulate?...that's him...Generic obvious thoughts?...thats the Dog......inane commentary and insipid attempts at humor....i think you know who. Some should tell their "producer" Greg that he is not funny at all!

A good radio show (regardless of topic) should breathe like a bottle of wine and have a flow to it like a river.

Check out WFAN or KNBR if you want to hear a real way to approach the format.

Wow, i think adding Riter to the station again would be just more of the same banal, unprofessional, weak radio that has defined GR for many, many years. Let's face it, GR is a very below average sports talk station. Howard Simon is as milquetoast and lame as a broadcaster as they come. Not that he's not critical it's just he isn't very good broadcaster. His sidekick offers nothing. How Bulldog still has a job is totally amazing. Inarticulate?...that's him...Generic obvious thoughts?...thats the Dog......inane commentary and insipid attempts at humor....i think you know who. Some should tell their "producer" Greg that he is not funny at all!

A good radio show (regardless of topic) should breathe like a bottle of wine and have a flow to it like a river.

Check out WFAN or KNBR if you want to hear a real way to approach the format.

WFAN?!? Are you kidding me. I happen to catch two shows of theirs only by default. Boomer & Carton because it'll be on after the Sabres and Mike Franesca because I'll have my TV on Yes during the summer, and he'll be on when I turn it back on.

Both shows are horrible. I think probably Mike was good with the Mad Dog, but I never saw that.

The only thing I agree with you is that Howard is milquetoast. If you don't think Greg Bauch is funny, we're really not going to agree on much else.

WGR needs to give Sal a bigger role on the station, simple as that

If you don't think Greg Bauch is funny, we're really not going to agree on much else.

He was talking about Bulldog not being funny...Greg Bauch is the producer

Edited by The_Philster

WGR needs to give Sal a bigger role on the station, simple as that

He was talking about Bulldog not being funny...Greg Bauch is the producer

Here's what he said:

Some should tell their "producer" Greg that he is not funny at all!

I'm glad others feel the same way about Greg Bauch as I do. I can't believe this guy moonlights as a comedian. I have never laughed at one friggin thing this guy piped in with, yet every time he says anything, Schopp giggles like a school girl.

My problem with WGR is that there is not one on air personality that hase gone on record as saying that either Darcy Regier or Lindy Ruff should be fired. They're afraid to because of their relationship with the Sabres. If anyone thinks that they're going to objective now about the Bills, you're crazy. Not to mention, they do not have a single host that has enough football knowledge to break down a game.

I'm glad others feel the same way about Greg Bauch as I do. I can't believe this guy moonlights as a comedian. I have never laughed at one friggin thing this guy piped in with, yet every time he says anything, Schopp giggles like a school girl.

My problem with WGR is that there is not one on air personality that hase gone on record as saying that either Darcy Regier or Lindy Ruff should be fired. They're afraid to because of their relationship with the Sabres. If anyone thinks that they're going to objective now about the Bills, you're crazy. Not to mention, they do not have a single host that has enough football knowledge to break down a game.

One other person feels the same about Greg Bauch as you do........When I've heard him on his own or with a co-host on Saturday's, he hasn't been that funny, but the Greg Buck clips are usually hilarious, those megaphone or whatever voices, when he chimes in with those car insurance guys, etc. - that's good stuff!

Yeah, I know everybody in the media gets ripped on this board.....So, who in radio do you think is funny?

I don't listen to sports radio for humor necessarily. The problem with Bauch and other WGR personalities is that they are trying to be funny but aren't. This then becomes quite annoying. When Schopp and the Bulldog are bantering about some useless thing and Bauch pipes in with something he thinks is clever or witty, I wonder who in the world would actually laugh at it.

Even more annoying is their little sound bytes, skits, etc. For example that "Willie Mays.... Micky Mantle" thing and the Panther are ridiculous attempts at humor. Nothing in radio is stupider though than when Schopp asks a question and the rest of the nitwits pretend they're on that game show and answer with, "Well Bob, I went with....".

I don't listen to sports radio for humor necessarily. The problem with Bauch and other WGR personalities is that they are trying to be funny but aren't. This then becomes quite annoying. When Schopp and the Bulldog are bantering about some useless thing and Bauch pipes in with something he thinks is clever or witty, I wonder who in the world would actually laugh at it.

Even more annoying is their little sound bytes, skits, etc. For example that "Willie Mays.... Micky Mantle" thing and the Panther are ridiculous attempts at humor. Nothing in radio is stupider though than when Schopp asks a question and the rest of the nitwits pretend they're on that game show and answer with, "Well Bob, I went with....".

I do listen to sports radio and most radio for a good dash of humor. Count me and others I know as who in the world would actually laugh at Greg Bauch's stuff..........Although you did pick a few things out that are probably their worst two things. The Willie Mays thing would be funny, but he'll keep going on and on with it.......And, when they break into that Matchgame thing, that really is neither funny nor entertaining.....Bob Valvano will do that for a whole 20 minute segment on the weekend overnight and that's when I turn that off.

Like I said though, it's easy to rip on other's humor if you aren't going to put up who you like or say you don't want humor period.

I don't listen to sports radio for humor necessarily. The problem with Bauch and other WGR personalities is that they are trying to be funny but aren't. This then becomes quite annoying.

I've lived in a bunch of different cities, and my current job has me on the road about 2/3 of the time, and the "they think they're funny" mindset applies EVERYWHERE, to just about all radio AND TV "talent."

I do listen to sports radio and most radio for a good dash of humor. Count me and others I know as who in the world would actually laugh at Greg Bauch's stuff..........Although you did pick a few things out that are probably their worst two things. The Willie Mays thing would be funny, but he'll keep going on and on with it.......And, when they break into that Matchgame thing, that really is neither funny nor entertaining.....Bob Valvano will do that for a whole 20 minute segment on the weekend overnight and that's when I turn that off.

Like I said though, it's easy to rip on other's humor if you aren't going to put up who you like or say you don't want humor period.

I listen to a lot of SIRIUS XM and find Adam Schein on NFL Radio Funny. Chris Mad Dog Russo is funny. Scott Wetzel on Mad Dog Radio is hilarious. Steve Somers overnight on WFAN in NY is funny. There you go, I named a few that I think are more humorous than the GR guys.

I listen to a lot of SIRIUS XM and find Adam Schein on NFL Radio Funny. Chris Mad Dog Russo is funny. Scott Wetzel on Mad Dog Radio is hilarious. Steve Somers overnight on WFAN in NY is funny. There you go, I named a few that I think are more humorous than the GR guys.

Do they do anything with purple donkey?