Trader Bill Polian and son available

BillsVet

I think it was the right move for the colts, it was inevitable and if we had just went from being a 10+ win team to barely a 2 win team id be calling for some heads as-well. Although you can say it was built for peyton, it was unsustainable and when one player went, the whole teams chances were gone immediately. I have to think that the patriots, packers, 49ers, steelers, and even ravens would still be in the playoffs without there starting qbs. Maybe with the exception of the saints because i don't question what brees is to that team.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the GM standard is to be perfect, no one meets that nor will they. Every single GM has made mistakes, whether it be Ted Thompson in GB (Justin Harrell), Kevin Colbert in Pittsburgh, or Mickey Loomis in NO (Reggie Bush). In the transition from Bill to Chris, the team made internal decisions that hurt the organization, which I suspect is why Irsay axed the younger. He could get rid of one without sending the other out the door.

To blindly say Polian's success was only because he had QB's is intellectually absurd and lacking in research. Someone, IIRC, pointed out that teams don't make the SB or deep into the playoffs with some defense. That's correct. And lost amid all this talk of Indianapolis and Buffalo, is his taking Carolina, a 2nd year franchise to the NFC Title Game in 1996. Is it a coincidence that he improved the fortunes of 3 franchises? Impossible. I'm not saying he's a saint or that he didn't make mistakes, but turning around 3 organizations is decidedly not a coincidence.

Sad to say, I agree. Bill was stepping back and Chris was taking over and Irsay wanted the proven guy - not his kid. It was a package deal. I don't think this happens if Bill were alone as the GM. Chris is learning, but Irsay doesn't want it on his dime and coupled with the questionable drafts of the last few years . . . New Direction.