Gailey REALLY should be fired

Gailey's only made two gaffes...

1) Hiring George Edawrsds as his DC

2) Compensating for that gaffe by hiring Wanny.

Yes, Edwards will get canned. But, mark my word, if the Bills turn over DC duties to Wanny, that's even worse. Two years into a transition to a 3-4 and then go the other direction to a 4-3 sets the team way back.

And lastly, why all the love for Wanny? Since his days with Jimmy Johnson ... 15 years ago, the dudes been a loser wherever he goes. And that includes Buffalo. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Don't agree weith 3-4 to 4-3 criticism. Other than Dwan Edwrads and Andra Davis I think all our players are better suited for a 4-3 defense.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said this for years and when we couldn't hire Shanahan or Cowher it was proven, No one wants to work for Ralph. The league has heard from John Butler (one of the most loved and respected guys ever in front office GM work), AJ smith, and Tom Donahoe (who had an excellent rep till he worked here) that Ralph is not a good owner. I remember Tom coming out a couple years after he was fired and saying Ralph would call him sometimes 2-3 times a day medling in ****. We all know he wrongfully fired the last HC to get us to the playoffs in Phillips, fired the greatest GM of our time in Polian etc.

The man is the worst owner in the NFL and has been for years. This team is WORSE now than we were when we had Jauron and the record proves it. We are NOT making progress at all. Carolina invests in a QB to develop, hires a great up and comer as a HC and hires great assistants and they are on their way. Hell they WILL make the playoffs next year if somehow injuries don't derail them. I mean damn folks, Cinci, Houston and Detroit all made the playoffs, but we need 'Several more years' to turn it around?

Pray Ralph is out of the pictures by Feburary. That is the only hope we have or we will be in the samn damn boat next year but with maybe a 7-9 record.

:thumbsup:

Hey, I'd be "all in" on Firing Chan Gailey if I thought for one second that they had one decent human being worthy of the HCing job that actually wanted it, and the Bills wanted him !

What intelligent person would want to come to buffalo and work in the environment surrounding OBD with the rep this owner has ? It has nothing to do with the City, nightlife or weather either.

Not sure if any of you remember but it was noted that Jauron was being micro managed by this owner every day for hours over the phone from Detroit. Ole dickie clearly got sick of it, torpedoed his own team to ensure he would get fired. It was the easiest and fastest way he could get off the team and away from RW and still be paid millions to do nothing. The man was after all, an Ivy league grad. Coaches talk to each other all the time, at the combine, at league meetings. Most of them understand and realize what Gailey and his staff are dealing with.

I believe the Bills had a better man in Perry Fewell and decided not to keep him, huge mistake.(bet he wouldn't take the job now) But then, fans have been dealing with stuff like this for 15 years.

Any person that takes the Bills HCing job gets to learn he is handcuffed 8 ways to Sunday, and so is the GM. Both are at the mercy of not only the 3 headed monster, but the owner as well.

There is no commitment to winning from this origination ... the coaches know it.... the GM knows it... the players know it. Surprisingly, the only people that don't know it are most of the fans :doh:

We are stuck with what we got until this owner passes :bag:Deal with it!

Edited by Fear the Beard

easy, Mariucci, and the fact that he coached at Detroit only diminished his accomplishments at San Fran.

Bingo. :thumbsup:

Being a good college head coach is anything but a guarantee of success in the NFL, and more have failed than succeeded. BTW, Mariucci was really, IMO, an NFL coach that spent a single season as Cal's HC before returning to the NFL.

While there are many examples of guys doing the Xs and Os at the college level and working their way up the NFL ranks, its a whole other animal to come from heading up an elite/very good college program and think what worked there will work in the NFL.

Chan Gailey has plenty of NFL experience, so labeling him "just a college coach" isn't accurate.

Chan Gailey has plenty of NFL experience, so labeling him "just a college coach" isn't accurate.

Maybe so. But it seems Gailey is not transitioning well back to the NFL. The putrid spread offense

being just one of the reasons I suspect this. Another is treating his backs like their made out of

glass. CJ last few games comes to mind.

Maybe so. But it seems Gailey is not transitioning well back to the NFL. The putrid spread offense

being just one of the reasons I suspect this. Another is treating his backs like their made out of

glass. CJ last few games comes to mind.

Tech fans would say he never really transitioned to the college game.

BTW, he ran a pro system in college. Not the spread.

Going 10-22 over two seasons is grounds for dismissal.

Losing 9 of your last ten games in your second season after starting out 5-2 is grounds for dismissal.

Losing 49-21 to your most hated rival after leading by 21 points is grounds for dismissal.

Running a ridicuosly predictable spread passing attack without the proper personnel when you have a very solid running attack is retarded!

I honestly just don't think this guy is a winner, and I dont think he can get us to the promised land even with better personnel.

Chan seems best suited as a QB coach, maybe -MAYBE offensive coordinator, but he's not head coaching material.

BUT...I think he deserves one more year, not because he has shown anything, but because it would be detrimental to start over again after two seasons.

Thoughts?

At least one more year, unless the team goes 6-10 next year with less injuries. No more coaching revolving door please. We are riding the Doug Whaley , Chan Gailey train until Ralph is gone, IMO.