Lee Evans - Year End Look At His Year With The Ravens

I am looking forward to seeing what Easley can do next year now that he has been cleared to play, and to the point though, the Lee Evans trade was absolutely necessary. What good is a guy if he plays wide receiver, but doesn't catch any passes? I don't see anywhere in the media guide the position "Phantom Double Coverage Drawer" or PDCD for the acro-nymphos. Lee is done, has been for a while, and it was nice to see the Bills part ways when the time was right. even when the team makes a good move people will still find something to crap on.

I like Lee Evans and defended him on this board numerous times.

I even have his jersey.

But it's apparent to me that he's done.

His best year was 2006 and he's been very mediocre ever since especially considering his compensation.

In hindsight, Lee was a slightly better version of Peerless Price.

I like Lee Evans and defended him on this board numerous times.

I even have his jersey.

But it's apparent to me that he's done.

His best year was 2006 and he's been very mediocre ever since especially considering his compensation.

In hindsight, Lee was a slightly better version of Peerless Price.

I truly think his career as a productive receiver would have benefited from just a little stability, and possibly the chance to actually fight for meaningful games, or even his job as a player from the beginning. To be named the #1 guy by default, and the coaching/qb carousel he endured could not have done him any favors. As a player I loved him for his high character, and quiet leadership, but in the end, it simply wasn't enough.

Games Played: 9

Receptions: 4

Total Yards: 74 yards

Long: 32 yards

TD's: 0

For anyone that wonders against the Bengals this week he had 0 reception for 0 yards. :worthy:

I don't understand the pleasure you feel by Lee Evans' meager stats. The guy was a good player while with Buffalo and had a bunch of garbage QB's throwing him the ball. He played hard for the Bills and then was dumped by them. Just like the criticized Jason Peters, Marshawn Lynch, Willis McGahee, and Donte Whitner, these are guys that have had the last laugh because they have made it to the playoffs. Something the inept Bills haven't done for 12 years.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

I truly think his career as a productive receiver would have benefited from just a little stability, and possibly the chance to actually fight for meaningful games, or even his job as a player from the beginning. To be named the #1 guy by default, and the coaching/qb carousel he endured could not have done him any favors. As a player I loved him for his high character, and quiet leadership, but in the end, it simply wasn't enough.

To me he always seemed like a 1 trick pony and an average at best route runner. But like you said mayb we will never know because of all the instability around him.

If you want to make an "all things being equal" argument that Evans would have suffered a similar injury if he stayed a Bill, missing most of the season, then fine, great move Buddy. We're sure you're going to tear it up with that 4th rounder <_< .

However, you cannot make the argument that with the loss of Evans that Nix built a great receiving corps. The only WR that posted any numbers was Johnson, and it looks like Wilson/Nix are going to let him walk.

Parrish remained injury-prone; Nelson hit his low ceiling; Jones was not up to the task; Martin was a waste; and the rest of the group were pretty much roster-fodder.

So the Bills go into the offseason needing #1 and #2 receivers. No problem for a team that needs to upgrade the DE, OLB, OT, and CB positions. Especially when that team doesn't believe in rebuilding by signing top-level FAs, prefering to build through the draft (where they usually miss) and by signing cheap UDFAs.

Odd obsession. We have far bigger problems than how well Evans did or didn't do this year...He could have stayed here and we still would have sucked. Our issues are more systemic.

The point is, the bum went to another team and still SUCKED. When he was here people were asking "how good could Evans be if he had a QB to throw to him?" Well he's on another team with a good QB and still Sucks.......Get it?

If you want to make an "all things being equal" argument that Evans would have suffered a similar injury if he stayed a Bill, missing most of the season, then fine, great move Buddy. We're sure you're going to tear it up with that 4th rounder <_< .

However, you cannot make the argument that with the loss of Evans that Nix built a great receiving corps. The only WR that posted any numbers was Johnson, and it looks like Wilson/Nix are going to let him walk.

Parrish remained injury-prone; Nelson hit his low ceiling; Jones was not up to the task; Martin was a waste; and the rest of the group were pretty much roster-fodder.

So the Bills go into the offseason needing #1 and #2 receivers. No problem for a team that needs to upgrade the DE, OLB, OT, and CB positions. Especially when that team doesn't believe in rebuilding by signing top-level FAs, prefering to build through the draft (where they usually miss) and by signing cheap UDFAs.

And Evans still Stunk....... 9 games 4 catches 74 yards. WOW!

Edited by Azucho98

I'm shocked that someone traded on the very eve of the season, following an already shortened pre season, and going to a whole new team didn't make a big impact. These statistics are meaningless because I believe that Evans was a much more important player to the Bills offense than, obviously, Baltimore's. I think the eleventh hour nature of the trade was a shameful, money-grubbing move by an organization that is being run like a cash cow. Ralph and his cronies are vampires that are draining the blood out of this franchise.

The point is, the bum went to another team and still SUCKED. When he was here people were asking "how good could Evans be if he had a QB to throw to him?" Well he's on another team with a good QB and still Sucks.......Get it?

And Evans still Stunk....... 9 games 4 catches 74 yards. WOW!

Right, so he gets the same exact injury that cost him playing time if he stayed with the Bills. :thumbsup: All things being equal.

Before you get too smug with this move and Nix's genius, the Bills started a 3rd string QB and used a backup RB at WR this season.

Maybe Wilson/Nix will wow us and package that 4th rounder to move up in the draft, but I doubt it. Meanwhile, Wilson/Nix emptied the toolbox before the season even started.

if a reciever has a couple great seasons and a couple decent ones in the nfl, guess what-HES GOOD! Evans was good but he was injured, You will see when he plays a full season, he will be a starter and he will be bringing in some nice deep balls on espn highlights that will make you all very jealous after watching our loser group of recievers catching 4 yard slants all game long. I will remind you all how 8 years ago many of you said Spikes was done, and fletcher was too old and no good, that Mcgahee sucked..and so on. Well its 2011 and they are all still starting and some nearly leading the league in stats. SO what do you know?