Bills slighted in article on Maher tweet

truth on hold

He's not though. He demonstrates a personal contempt for Christians and a political one for Muslims, all the while making excuses for anything Israeli

JSP, no disrespect intended, but you, and nearly everyone who criticizes Maher clearly don't even watch or listen to him. To say his contempt for Muslims is only political is maybe the worst argument you could have made. You clearly don't know what you are talking about in this "argument". It is okay to just say you don't like Maher...that is cool, he is not everyones cup of tea, clearly. But don't make up stuff, to try to give your point of view some sort of intellectual or political basis. You are wrong...very wrong.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo... You don't even have HBO, so you don't watch his show. Yet you continue to make the claim he never says a word against Israel. If you had actually ever seen his program or bothered to do any sort of critical thinking on the subject of your own, you'd realize that not only are you wrong (he throws Israel under the bus often), you're also a fool.

But parroting talking points from what someone else tells you about something you know nothing about is much easier (and fun) I guess.

Is he funnier if you do critical thinking about him?

Soooo... You don't even have HBO, so you don't watch his show. Yet you continue to make the claim he never says a word against Israel. If you had actually ever seen his program or bothered to do any sort of critical thinking on the subject of your own, you'd realize that not only are you wrong (he throws Israel under the bus often), you're also a fool.

But parroting talking points from what someone else tells you about something you know nothing about is much easier (and fun) I guess.

I'd seen him several times while he was on the network. I've seen several of his Hbo segments on YouTube. I see his offensive tweets when they get news. Yet to see anyhing out of him other than what I posted.

I'd seen him several times while he was on the network. I've seen several of his Hbo segments on YouTube. I see his offensive tweets when they get news. Yet to see anyhing out of him other than what I posted.

So seeing a smattering of his show (on the network? like ABC? as in over 11 years ago?) and that's enough to make a blanket statement such as he's a propagandist for Israel.

Got it.

Your post is the example of everything that is wrong with political discourse in this country. Thanks for pointing it out to the few on here with fully functioning frontal lobes.

Is he funnier if you do critical thinking about him?

Ha!

I'm not defending Maher's comedy. Comedy is subjective. The point is there are so many other (valid) reasons to hate on Maher (such as not finding him funny) that pulling such a crazy, (not to mention dangerously ignorant) card out of your hat such as "he's a propagandist for Israel" is not only false, it's retarded.

Edited by tgreg99

A lot of people, teams and cities are slighted in the name of comedy....

This is where you draw the line??? Gimme a break!! Getting worked up over inane comments, even worse...tweets, about stuff like this is what wrong with our country these days. Laugh if it's funny. Turn it off if it's not. But for god's sake, don't turn it into a social or moral issue. I can't even say "Merry Christmas" anymore because of idiot stuff like this.

Get on with it.

He's an A-hole in real life too. Go into the places he hangs out in LA and Hollywood and he is known as a big misogynist.

I wasn't even aware Tebow hung out in Cali. He went to Florida and is now with the Broncos. Did he grow up out there?

I wasn't even aware Tebow hung out in Cali. He went to Florida and is now with the Broncos. Did he grow up out there?

Knowing Wacka, I assume he is talking about Bill Maher, not Tebow...but knowing you, I assume you know that, and are just trying to add to the general confusion around here! :P

I just don't get the hate for this kid. I am 100% non-religious (not anti), but I am also 100% against religious persecution.

I didn't follow Tebow real closely in college, just the big games...I am kind of a part-time Broncos fan. Maybe I miss something, but I have yet, in the 4 years or so that I have been aware of Tebow, heard him utter a single "christy" word. I know he genuflects, does the sign of the cross, maybe a "3:16" in his eye paint, but so what? Who am I to condemn somebody for the personal beliefs, when they are not infringing upon me, at all?

I am honeslty bewidlererd by the cottage industry that seems to have developed in hating Tebow. Sure, his "cult of fans" might have some faith-based reasons for their zealous love of him, but is that any worse than the over the top anti-Tebow sentiment?

Also, I just found it so odd that the sports media (ESPN in particular) made it such a priority for all of their "personalities" to take some hard-lind stance on Tebow. Merril Hoge declares the Broncos MUST cut Tebow, when he fails to win the starting job from Kyle Orton at the begining of the season. Phil Simms reports, as well as a few others, that Tebows back-up took two snaps in practice on Friday, but, somehow, ESPN turns that into him taking a"significant amounts of snaps", so somehting must be up. Why can't Tim Tebow suck, and be evaluated the same way as Caleb Hainey, or Tyler Palko?

Believe me, my hatred for the Dolphins is so strong, it normally extends to all Florida teams, pro or college, all sports. But, this crusade against Tebow only has me pulling for him all the more...

Edited by Buftex

I just don't get the hate for this kid. I am 100% non-religious (not anti), but I am also 100% against religious persecution.

I didn't follow Tebow real closely in college, just the big games...I am kind of a part-time Broncos fan. Maybe I miss something, but I have yet, in the 4 years or so that I have been aware of Tebow, heard him utter a single "christy" word. I know he genuflects, does the sign of the cross, maybe a "3:16" in his eye paint, but so what? Who am I to condemn somebody for the personal beliefs, when they are not infringing upon me, at all?

I am honeslty bewidlererd by the cottage industry that seems to have developed in hating Tebow. Sure, his "cult of fans" might have some faith-based reasons for their zealous love of him, but is that any worse than the over the top anti-Tebow sentiment?

Also, I just found it so odd that the sports media (ESPN in particular) made it such a priority for all of their "personalities" to take some hard-lind stance on Tebow. Merril Hoge declares the Broncos MUST cut Tebow, when he fails to win the starting job from Kyle Orton at the begining of the season. Phil Simms reports, as well as a few others, that Tebows back-up took two snaps in practice on Friday, but, somehow, ESPN turns that into him taking a"significant amounts of snaps", so somehting must be up. Why can't Tim Tebow suck, and be evaluated the same way as Caleb Hainey, or Tyler Palko?

Believe me, my hatred for the Dolphins is so strong, it normally extends to all Florida teams, pro or college, all sports. But, this crusade against Tebow only has me pulling for him all the more...

Knowing Wacka, I assume he is taling about Bill Maher, not Tebow...but knowing you, I assume you know that, and are just trying to add to the general confusion around here! :P

I have heard him mention Jesus in post games. He mentions Jesus, then his teammates, then the opponents, then next week's opponents. He never mentions the word "me" unless it is in regard to areas for self improvement. I know the Jesus thing bothers some people and all. I don't find it a reason to hate him. I can see why some people might be annoyed but beyond that it is over the top. All the stuff he says/does team wise is important and rare in today's pro sports environment

And now people are on here calling him a misogynist. I personally find it hard to believe but he has spoken about still being a virgin. If he ventures into a parlor now and then it might allow him to keep his virginity and fulfill some natural urges. Big deal. That is a lot better than Big Ben's tactics. Still he is a big celebrity and I think if he really were a misogynist some paparazzi would have gotten a photo of him walking into/out of one of those places.

Mahers a twat. I'm not religious but I respect those who are and would never attack them in this way. What's more he's a hypocrite. Portends to dislike all religious equally but really only shows contempt for Christians and Muslims while being a blatant propogandist for Israel. I don't have Hbo because it sucks but I did I'd cancel it and make it clear he's the reason.

A blatant propagandist for Israel?

So many haters.

I don't hate Tim Tebow and I don't hate Bill Maher.

Edited by Wagon Circler