Does Indianapolis Losing

JimBob2232

Here is my philospohy:

If they get their butts kicked (AND Payton not getting the record), they will not want to go into the playoffs playing rusty.

Now, they will not have anything to gain by winning, but teams want to be hot and crisp going into the playoffs.

Lets hope for a Bills win this afternoon and a JETS lost. I still think the Jets can lose both and we get in regardless of Denver (assuming we win the next two and Pitts and Houston hang on to win today).

Here is my philospohy:

If they get their butts kicked (AND Payton not getting the record), they will not want to go into the playoffs playing rusty.

Now, they will not have anything to gain by winning, but teams want to be hot and crisp going into the playoffs.

Lets hope for a Bills win this afternoon and a JETS lost. I still think the Jets can lose both and we get in regardless of Denver (assuming we win the next two and Pitts and Houston hang on to win today).

178520[/snapback]

I agree. I also think it helps (albeit in a small way) that Indy knows they won't be facing us before the AFC Championship game and that game would be in Indy were we to get there. They might rather have us around to soften up their opponents than Denver who'll VERY likely be "one and done".

We're probably analyzing too much. :)

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I think it helps us.

Baltimore will need to keep pace with someone next week I would think,

making the Baltimore/Denver game important.  ???

:)

178552[/snapback]

Denver plays the suddenly inept COLTS.... who can't seem to win today.

The question I have is this though....

If Ind loses next week to denver, its likely denver will be in the playoffs.

If Ind wins next week, its likely buffalo would be in the playoffs.

its also likely indianapolis will play either buffalo or denver in round 1.

So...put this all together, if you are indy, who do you want to play in round 1? I think the answer is denver....

Do they "throw" the game, so they dont have to play the hottest team in football?

Hmm...

If Indianapolis loses today, they are the fourth seed in the playoffs regardless of what they do next week. The main effect of an Indianapolis loss today would, I think, be that they play harder to get a win next week, not wanting to head into the playoffs with a two game losing streak. That means, IMHO, it decreases the chance of a Denver win next week. On balance, it's good.

If San Diego wins and New England loses and we make playoffs we play New England in 1st round. If Colts win we play Colts in first round. If New England wins ansdDiego wins we play San Diego in first round.

Who would you rather have the Bills play in 1st round???

Also, Colts need to win next week or we wont be in playoffs... unless Jets lose last 2 games...

If San Diego wins and New England loses and we make playoffs we play New England in 1st round. If Colts win we play Colts in first round. If New England wins ansdDiego wins we play San Diego in first round.

Also, Colts need to win next week or we wont be in playoffs... unless Jets lose last 2 games...

178629[/snapback]

Just win baby

178629[/snapback]

If the Bills can get into the playoffs, I hope they play New England. The Bills have a terrible track record against New England, but if, IF they could find a way to win that game, it would be a huge boost going into the remaining games.

Indy losing today makes them the #4 seed in the nfl which means they play the #5 seed which most likely is the jets. Blowing a game next week against denver doesn't change the fact they play most likely the jets. The #6 seed would play the #3 seed the chargers. Indy losing today imo helps us. I'm sure the colts won't want to go into the playoffs on a 2 game losing streak