The Entitlement Mentality

DaveinElma

Why the hell would you wait till 7:30 on Christmas eve to buy your gifts. Get them early and this wouldn't even be a problem. My wife and I had our Christmas shopping done by the end of October. Walmart is a private entity and can stop letting people into the store whenever they want.

Well if there's no company policy about not allowing customers in after 7:30, the manager was in the wrong. It was 7:40 and they could have easily gotten what they needed and been out by 8:00, or a few minutes after (close the lights on them).

Edited by Doc

Well if there's no company policy about not allowing customers in after 7:30, the manager was in the wrong. It was 7:40 and they could have easily gotten what they needed and been out by 8:00, or a few minutes after (close the lights on them).

My guess is that they had a certain number of people they would allow in the store after 7:30 or so. If you let a person in close to close they could spend hours in there. I agree that you could shut the lights off on them but I have to agree with the manager on this one. People have 364 other days to get their Christmas shopping done. No reason to be pissed off that you can't get into Walmart at 7:30 on Christmas eve.

Its an automatic door, and if he locked it how would the customers in the store get out?

Most of those doors would have a system where you could lock it so it will only open if it senses people on one side. But he would still need to stand by the door to make sure that people weren't walking in while another person was walking out.

Most of those doors would have a system where you could lock it so it will only open if it senses people on one side. But he would still need to stand by the door to make sure that people weren't walking in while another person was walking out.

I would have called the cops on those idiots.

The bigger issue here is why do people have to resort to nonsense all the time? Just tell the manager you disagree, let him know you are going to notify 'his boss' and walk away like an adult. The customers show their class with the 'mexicans' working in the store comment.......do they not realize how foolish they look?

I like the guy speaking about the 1:20 mark, paraphrasing it....

"Who is your manager?"

"I know your boss"

"Let me have his number so I can call him and report you"

Ummm... first you don't know who the manager is, then you do, then you don't know his number?

Side note, when I worked at the grocery store, we closed at 9pm, we were not allowed to close/lock the entrance until 8:55pm. We also would start doing closing announcements at 8:45pm. Still there were nights we'd have people shopping after 9pm. There was even one night we had a couple strolling through the store at 9:20pm. I was up in the managers office where you could see almost the entire store, and was shutting off the lights as they went through each section. Still didn't make them move any faster.