Defense gives us no chance to win...

buffalo_bills

This defense has not given this team a chance to win all year. When opponents are constantly driving it down the field on you, and putting up 25-30 points a game, unless you have Brady, Rodgers or Brees at QB, you're not winning many football games. Now, I think injuries have take a tole to a certain extent, especially with Kyle not being healthy at any point this year. I also like some young guys we have on D ( Aaron, Marcel, Kelvin ), but there are just too many liabilities right now.

We saw this offense firing on all cylinders earlier on when the D WAS CREATING TURNOVERS. Now, teams are driving it down the field on us, and we're not picking the ball of 4 times a game.

I think that our poor D is really affecting our offense. It just seems like anytime we cant take put together a good drive on offense, the other team just takes it down for a score when the our D hits the field. I really believe this is putting a lot of pressure on our offense, knowing they'll probably have to score at least 24+ to win the game. Like I said, there are only 3 quarterbacks right now that can constantly put up 30 a game, regardless of how the defense is playing.

So before we jump to conclusions on Fitz, and our offense, we should build a respectable defense that gives us a chance to win. GO BILLS!

Did anyone watch the 49ers game last night? Alex Smith missed long throw after long throw, but his team still won because they have a defense. And today Alex Smith is a hero. Funny what a defense will do for a QB.

Fitz is a joke. But whatever. Jim harbaugh is clearly the hero in this scenario. He's really taken Alex Smith under his wing. To Smith's credit though, he's proved that he won't completely squander all his teams possesions. He'll be there with the run support no matter who's on the mound. Harbaugh has really changed the culture of his team. Funny what a good head coach will do for an organization.

Fitz is a joke. But whatever. Jim harbaugh is clearly the hero in this scenario. He's really taken Alex Smith under his wing. To Smith's credit though, he's proved that he won't completely squander all his teams possesions. He'll be there with the run support no matter who's on the mound. Harbaugh has really changed the culture of his team. Funny what a good head coach will do for an organization.

or an owner that gives a rats ass

This defense has not given this team a chance to win all year. When opponents are constantly driving it down the field on you, and putting up 25-30 points a game, unless you have Brady, Rodgers or Brees at QB, you're not winning many football games. Now, I think injuries have take a tole to a certain extent, especially with Kyle not being healthy at any point this year. I also like some young guys we have on D ( Aaron, Marcel, Kelvin ), but there are just too many liabilities right now.

We saw this offense firing on all cylinders earlier on when the D WAS CREATING TURNOVERS. Now, teams are driving it down the field on us, and we're not picking the ball of 4 times a game.

I think that our poor D is really affecting our offense. It just seems like anytime we cant take put together a good drive on offense, the other team just takes it down for a score when the our D hits the field. I really believe this is putting a lot of pressure on our offense, knowing they'll probably have to score at least 24+ to win the game. Like I said, there are only 3 quarterbacks right now that can constantly put up 30 a game, regardless of how the defense is playing.

So before we jump to conclusions on Fitz, and our offense, we should build a respectable defense that gives us a chance to win. GO BILLS!

The offense is not out of the doghouse on this. If they weere able to hang on to ball and score points, it would keep the defense on the sidelines. Both sides of the ball need help.

Did anyone watch the 49ers game last night? Alex Smith missed long throw after long throw, but his team still won because they have a defense. And today Alex Smith is a hero. Funny what a defense will do for a QB.

Exactly...switch Alex Smith to our team and we are likely 3-10 if that. I will take a good or average defense at this point. When you blink and are 3 TDs down that definitely changes your philosophy on offense and changes a lot of what you want to do in a game. That happened in about 4 games straight during this losing streak.

Wait, the defense is causing Pickspatrick to throw crucial interceptions, continuously overthrow open receivers on go-routes, and have consecutive three and outs? OH THE EXCUSES!

It's really not quite as goofy of an idea as it sounds. Every QB in the league misses long throws and throws interceptions.

When the D is good, a mistake by the QB is just a mistake. When the D can't stop sh**, a mistake by the QB means "there goes the ball game".

When QB are trying too hard to make things happen, they tend to force things and that leads to mistakes.

I remember watching GB in the playoffs last year, Rodgers threw a pick and I though "oh crap there goes the ball game". The D got the stop and Rodgers went right back to work, no biggy. GB won.

I do really question our play calling at times. We seem to "go for the gusto" too often when what we need is 3 yards, move the chains, get a new set of downs.