RB SITUATION

robert cohen

Fred Jackson won't be cool playing second fiddle to Spiller and this team needs to draft a QB making Jackson too old when they are good enough to compete.

Let Freddie be the #1 in name. Spiller has already proven to be a character guy who made ZERO waves when Fred got indignant about possibly being displaced as the starter. Give Freddie 12 - 15 carries a game and give Spiller at least 10. If either develops a "hotter hand" during the course of the game adjust accordingly.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a feeling Jackson played his last game in a Bills uniform. Spiller is playing well,and Choice looks like a very good number 2. It doesn't make sense to keep Jackson around. A team like Detroit may be willing to trade a high draft pick for Jackson's services.

Spiller is the future and the future is now.

This team should fire Nix and Gailey, do whatever it takes to get into position to draft RG III (2012's 1st, 2nd + 2013 1st, 2nd), then trade Fred Jackson for a 2012 2nd which should be easy to do.

Make Whaley the GM and have him hire a new head coach. Perhaps Brian Billick?

This team needs a drastic change in direction. They have some really good pieces in place, but prolonging this kind of change will only set this team back another 2 or more years.

RGIII will be there when we pick at 7 next year....

FJ is this team's best player. You don't trade your best player. You build around him. This thread is ridiculous.

The notion of building around a 30+ year old running back is rediculous as well. I would like to see us keep Action Jackson on principle alone - pay the man. That said, it would not be an effort to build around him, as I said, a reward for his hard work. BUT - we all know, the Bills do not reward talent with money - they ship it off for draft picks...Bye Freddie...bye Stevie...bye Eric Wood and Marcel Darius (whenever your contracts expire...)...

Spiller is the future and the future is now.

This team should fire Nix and Gailey, do whatever it takes to get into position to draft RG III (2012's 1st, 2nd + 2013 1st, 2nd), then trade Fred Jackson for a 2012 2nd which should be easy to do.

Make Whaley the GM and have him hire a new head coach. Perhaps Brian Billick?

This team needs a drastic change in direction. They have some really good pieces in place, but prolonging this kind of change will only set this team back another 2 or more years.

So you would would trade four prime draft choices for one player, when they could be used on defense?

I really don't want to lose Jackson. He is VERY talented despite his age. Bad teams get better by keeping their good talent and upgrading their bad talent. I don't know how much you get in trade for what will be a 31 year old RB.

There are those on this board that believe we can get a 2nd-rounder for FJ.

It doesn't matter how well CJ performs for this team, there are waaaay too many people just wanting the kid to be a bust around here. I am not one of them. The argument is that he was a luxury pick, which I still find laughable, since we have SO MANY play makers and depth on this team. He can be an every down back, but for some reason people love to make blind assumptions that he can't be. Look at his physical stats, he's bigger and taller than Reggie Bush, He's taller than Thurman was, and weighs within 6lbs of the guy, but yeah, he can't play every down. Give me a break. He and Freddie are the 2 most talented guys on the team, and past Steve Johnson, there is nothing. I hope he stays a Bill, because if the front office runs this guy out of town, you can expect the franchise to unravel exponentially.

"[CJ]'s not the biggest back in the world, I don't think he can go out there and carry it 25-30 times." --Chan Gailey, 12/18/11.

I don't even know if I agree with him, but as of yesterday, Chan does not plan to use CJ as an every-down back. Based on his production, I'm absolutely mystified.

"[CJ]'s not the biggest back in the world, I don't think he can go out there and carry it 25-30 times." --Chan Gailey, 12/18/11.

I don't even know if I agree with him, but as of yesterday, Chan does not plan to use CJ as an every-down back. Based on his production, I'm absolutely mystified.

That may change, but if we keep Fred and Choice, why not spread the love?

There are those on this board that believe we can get a 2nd-rounder for FJ.

HAhAHAHahaHhaHahAHhHhahaHAhhahhAH! For a guy who will be 31 by the 2012 season. Man they need to share some of what they are on. No disrespect to Freddie but that is just crazy. If he was 5 years younger that would be a possibility. If he was 5 years younger we would have already resigned him ourselves.

1324304319[/url]' post='2340083']

The team will need to recoup the draft picks spent on getting high enough in the draft to pick RG III. Spiller is better and younger than Jackson and Jackson will never accept a roll coming in off the bench.

There's no doubt in my mind that a team close to the championship who doesn't have decent a RB will give up a 2nd for Jackson.

Spiller is all of a sudden BETTER than Fred?????????????????????????????? Now I've seen it all. Stop. Seriously!

Just for the record CJ is the same height and 6lbs heavier than Chris Johnson.

Spiller is all of a sudden BETTER than Fred?????????????????????????????? Now I've seen it all. Stop. Seriously!

They are both pretty good in my opinion. Now that Jackson is on IR Gailey has been FORCED to use CJ and he is getting better every week. He has been putting up better and better numbers and he has done it without Eric Wood our best offensive lineman by far and also the leader and brains of that line.

When will Bills fans stop with this one sucks and the other is the best ever stuff. Freddie is damn good and CJ is proving to be damn good. How about we quit bitching about who is better and be glad we have them both and challenge the front office to use all of our good players to win games.

Edited by PDaDdy

Just for the record CJ is the same height and 6lbs heavier than Chris Johnson.

They are both pretty good in my opinion. Now that Jackson is on IR Gailey has been FORCED to use CJ and he is getting better every week. He has been putting up better and better numbers and he has done it without Eric Wood our best offensive lineman by far and also the leader and brains of that line.

When will Bills fans stop with this one sucks and the other is the best ever stuff. Freddie is damn good and CJ is proving to be damn good. How about we quit bitching about who is better and be glad we have them both and challenge the front office to use or good players to win games.

Doesn't he get spelled by Javon Ringer?

Yes, did you not see Spiller's last few games?

Jackson is very good, but he simply does not posses the sheer talent that Spiller does. As an added plus, the guy is a great receiver!

1324305277[/url]' post='2340104']

As it stands now bills have 10th pick they would only need to move up to 6 or 7 to have a legitimate shot at rg3 so they won't have to give up as many picks to move up as you think. I do however disagree with trading Freddy away why take a strength and a position with depth an make that trade and weaken the position? Also with spiller showing flashes splitting time would help both of them stay healthy...

Just wondering if you've done the math on strength of schedule to determine us picking 10th? It'll be the colts, rams and vikes in the top 3. Browns, buccs and jags have 4 wins. Miami, wash and carolina have 5 wins. Looks to me, like we're tied for 7-10 and the team with the toughest SoS gets the worst pick. Is that us?

Edit: looks like miami will choose ahead of us as of now. We played Cinci and tenn. Miami played Houston and cleveland. Our matchup is currently has 1 more win. Gotta hope Miami can beat nyj or ne OR Cinci and tennesee lose 2 more gems than Cleveland and Houston. Cleveland ends with Balt and pitts lol.

Edited by NewEra

Yes, did you not see Spiller's last few games?

Jackson is very good, but he simply does not posses the sheer talent that Spiller does. As an added plus, the guy is a great receiver!

Let's not get crazy here. Freddie is still a more complete back due to his power, his blocking and his experience. The problem is that he is going to be 31. When everyone ran Lynch out of town did they NOT think that the Bills would need to spend a high draft pick to replace him?

Freddy's age and health have proven that one back is not enough. What if we were in the play off hunt or locked up a play off spot? We would be screwed anyway because he got hurt again at the end of the year.

It doesn't matter how well CJ performs for this team, there are waaaay too many people just wanting the kid to be a bust around here. I am not one of them. The argument is that he was a luxury pick, which I still find laughable, since we have SO MANY play makers and depth on this team. He can be an every down back, but for some reason people love to make blind assumptions that he can't be. Look at his physical stats, he's bigger and taller than Reggie Bush, He's taller than Thurman was, and weighs within 6lbs of the guy, but yeah, he can't play every down. Give me a break. He and Freddie are the 2 most talented guys on the team, and past Steve Johnson, there is nothing. I hope he stays a Bill, because if the front office runs this guy out of town, you can expect the franchise to unravel exponentially.

Gailey said he can't be an every down back in his presser yesterday. If his coach doesn't think he can carry the bell 25 times a game why should we?

HAhAHAHahaHhaHahAHhHhahaHAhhahhAH! For a guy who will be 31 by the 2012 season. Man they need to share some of what they are on. No disrespect to Freddie but that is just crazy. If he was 5 years younger that would be a possibility. If he was 5 years younger we would have already resigned him ourselves.

We traded Lynch for a 4th and a 6th, so I could see maybe a 4th for Jackson.