Change of Offense

jjmac

With the defense we currently have in place? Or with an improved defense?

If we actually had a strong defense? 17 - 21 points

OK. My guess was 21-24, which I think we could consistently score if we went back to the ball control offense and continued to build our defense.

Yeah great plan. So teams can load up 9-11 guys into the box and the offense will move nowhere. I'm not saying the spread isn't without problems, but at least the Bills scored some points this season. Something we haven't seen a lot of in a long time.

Bum Phillips (Wade's father) once said this about Bear Bryant: "He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n." Just think what Belichick could do with this team! They would certainly win, and maybe even dominate!

I'm pretty sure that he said that about Don Shula.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see a more conventional 2 back system happening instead of the single back . Use a FB to help open things up & pound the ball & take some of the punishment of the main back I remember when Braxton was bustin people out of the back field it was great !!

They are running the ball fine using their current system and formations. They are just not calling enough running plays.

The only time it makes sense to bring in the FB IMO is in short yardage situations. If you put another WR out by the sideline instead then the opposition will put one of their players on him and it would be like the FB blocked his man all the way to the sideline. Spreading things out makes it much easier to run the ball.

When were winning it was around 30 points

I think 30 is a bit high, but until we get a decent defense we may have to.

Yeah great plan. So teams can load up 9-11 guys into the box and the offense will move nowhere. I'm not saying the spread isn't without problems, but at least the Bills scored some points this season. Something we haven't seen a lot of in a long time.

Ball control does not mean running the ball exclusively. Ferguson had 5 good receivers to throw to (Butler, Lewis, Brammer, Leaks, Cribbs), and that's just the starters (Roland Hooks,anybody?). We did throw the ball then, and we could do it now.