(OT) iPOD help

Guffalo

Ok, So I went out and bought my kid an iPod, now he is trying to load the music he already has on CD to his iPod. We have been able to load some music, but in some cases we have found that CDA files don't show up in the ITunes library.

Is there a conversion process that we need?, Am I screwed with 58 CDs that we can't load? Help!!!!

Ok, So I went out and bought my kid an iPod, now he is trying to load the music he already has on CD to his iPod. We have been able to load some music, but in some cases we have found that CDA files don't show up in the ITunes library.

Is there a conversion process that we need?, Am I screwed with 58 CDs that we can't load? Help!!!!

178021[/snapback]

Download ITunes from the Apple website. It's an easy way to compress your music for your IPod. Use the Apple Lossless setting.

Download ITunes from the Apple website.  It's an easy way to compress your music for your IPod.  Use the Apple Lossless setting.

178023[/snapback]

But what about stuff he already has, instead of purchgasing new music, we are trying to convert all of his current cd's that he bought to be used, I am hoping that will keep him busy before we start ppaying for new stuff...

But what about stuff he already has, instead of purchgasing new music, we  are trying to convert all of his current cd's that he bought to be used, I am hoping that will keep him busy before we start ppaying for new stuff...

178024[/snapback]

ITunes has the necessary conversion software within it. It allows you to compress the music to smaller files directly from the CDs he already has to your IPOD.

ITunes