Jim Kelly on The Jim Rome show today

Perahps Marv should have concentrated more keeping his players away from all the BS that goes on during Super Bowl week.

1) No. We had those players at the beginning of the year, and w/ the exception of the KC game, they stunk.

2) Lack of depth is NOT AN EXCUSE. I'm so tired of it. We are not the only FB team to have injuries. The Steelers will prob be playing w/o their Pro Bowl QB at San Fran. Guess what, they have an actual backup in Batch because they spend money. Mendenhall gets hurt, Ike Redman comes in. WR Saunders is hurt, Antonio Brown steps up. Jason Worlds steps up when Harrison gets suspended. The difference: The Steelers, whose owners want to win, spend to the Cap. The Bills, whose owners only want $$$$$$$, stay EXTREMLY under the cap.

:thumbsup:

I agree with you, but Batch is good for Pittsburgh because he's been backup since I was in high school.

And his salary is Vet Minimum

Guess what, outside Charlie Batch ALL of the players you mentioned were DRAFTED by the Steelers or an UDFA in the case of Redman. Good, long lasting depth is built through the draft. Which is why Nix says that's the way he will build. The Packers, the Ravens, built through the draft. That takes time. The Bills have spent money. They haven't always spent it in the right places. They tried with Merriman. Barnett was a good signing. Brad Smith has potential. Takes time to build through the draft, but Nix is doing it the right way.

They need a good coaching staff to groom the in-grown talent. Sadly we don't have them.

See our washout of 2010 draft posted by Sal....Spiller, Troupe, Carrington, Wang,....2011 is at least showing some promise.

Guess what, outside Charlie Batch ALL of the players you mentioned were DRAFTED by the Steelers or an UDFA in the case of Redman. Good, long lasting depth is built through the draft. Which is why Nix says that's the way he will build. The Packers, the Ravens, built through the draft. That takes time. The Bills have spent money. They haven't always spent it in the right places. They tried with Merriman. Barnett was a good signing. Brad Smith has potential. Takes time to build through the draft, but Nix is doing it the right way.

Pittsburgh is practically the gold standard for drafting well. They actually take 34 OLB's high and while they're a little older defensively, Simon has pointed out they play with a lot of power. I see guys on Buffalo who are of similar size but don't dominate the LOS like Keisel, Harrison and Woodley can and do.

Buddy's first draft is nowhere close to as good as a typical Pittsburgh draft. For one, he drafted a RB in the first round despite bigger needs all over the field. And neither the 2nd or 3rd round picks are really getting better but more like in a holding pattern. Frankly, I don't understand why Buddy Nix has all this draft credibility that some have ascribed to him because he was in SD. I highly doubt Kevin Colbert would use a top 10 pick, not that they've had one since 2000, on an undersized back to begin a rebuild.

Pittsburgh is practically the gold standard for drafting well. They actually take 34 OLB's high and while they're a little older defensively, Simon has pointed out they play with a lot of power. I see guys on Buffalo who are of similar size but don't dominate the LOS like Keisel, Harrison and Woodley can and do.

Buddy's first draft is nowhere close to as good as a typical Pittsburgh draft. For one, he drafted a RB in the first round despite bigger needs all over the field. And neither the 2nd or 3rd round picks are really getting better but more like in a holding pattern. Frankly, I don't understand why Buddy Nix has all this draft credibility that some have ascribed to him because he was in SD. I highly doubt Kevin Colbert would use a top 10 pick, not that they've had one since 2000, on an undersized back to begin a rebuild.

Duh Bills. Nuff said.