C'mon Ralph. Sell the Damn Team!

bmur66

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Wilson passes away it must come to the point where fans are willing and UNITED in boycotting the team if onwership doesn't own up to its responsibilities. I was so perterbed when Russ Brandon reacted the way he did to the notion of Ralph buying out the remaining tickets to the Titans game - there was a lot of judgement in his tone; as if the Fans were behaving badly in WNY, as if the FANS didn't deserve the team because they weren't buying out the stadium, as if they expected Ralph to pony up and He, Ross Brandon, had to be the Wise Parent and give the Fans some tough love. What a load of crap! Man! The Fans have been paying for this poor excuse for a team for over 50 years, and what has ownership done in return? Brandon acted as if it was common knowledge that an NFL team is meant to generate profit - that it DOESN'T OWE ANYTHING TO THE FANS - and that is the real source of the problem here in WNY.

The Buffal Bills do owe the Fans! This organization has been using the excuse of a small market choke hold for as long as I can remember - but, the truth is (although our owner will never give reality a chance to confirm this) that the fans will be there to give all the support that is necessary for profits if the team is a good one! A winning organization - think of this, now - A SUPER BOWL win from the Buffalo Bills? There would be fans all across the globe celebrating. The Bills have become the Redsoxs of Football, only they don't deserve to win - and that is the ugly truth. Why should we win with half the investment? All that would do is give Wilson a reason to have a smug I-told-you-so smile on his face when he passes on, while all the good owners are doing all they can, and spending a boatload more, to try and get a winner.

No, if the Bills organization is run this way, it is up to the Fans to stop supporting it. If Wilson's argument is that he will sell the team - then so be it. Every intelligent sports fan across the country knows what is happening here. As long as the tickets sell, as long as it isn't a weekly news that the Bills stadium once more didn't sell out - as long as the facade of All-Is-Well is continuing, no one talks openly about how Ralph has run this team into the ground. But, if people stopped going, if every one gave up on the team - who really thinks people would say, Look at those Bills Fans - look what they did to poor ol' Ralph Wilson. No. They'd be forced to admit that the game is over with his frugal, penny pinching ways. That depression era, backyard football mentality to running a team doesn't work. And we, the Fans, deserve more. As far as I'm concerned - I'd rather see the Bills run properly elsewhere than see them run to the ground here - where it's gotten so bad that we are not even taken seriously anymore by anyone in the N.F.L -not players, coaches, analysts - no one. That sucks.

I agree with everything u said

I feel shorted as a fan for over 35 years. The only time Ralph truly spent money was when Polian was here and we got to 4 straight super bowls.

OBD should know the formula to get to the Super bowl. All they had to do was to keep Polian. Ralph let something personal get ahead of business. A smart owner would have maybe gave him a big fine and keep it in house and move on.

Has Ralph been cheap? No not with players but yes to upper management. This is where he IS cheap at. They hire grandpa GM's and cheap coaches. What you get is 7-9, 4-12, and so on.

I dont think this will change in the near future. If They made an offer to Bill Cowher he could not refuse he would be coaching the Bills. The unwillingness of Ralph not to trust anybody outside OBD is the reason we fans get what we get.