Patience People, Patience

H2o

I've been a Bills fan for 25 years. Been through the years of building in the mid-late 80's, 4 SB losses, the Music City Forward Lateral, Bledsoe vs. the Pittsburgh 3rd string, the Jauron era coupled with Levy part two, and here we stand today. We are in the second season of Gailey and Nix. After 5 weeks everyone was crying out 12-4 or 11-5, now everyone is just crying. Almost every thread should be titled "Piss and Moan". It's really not as bad as you guys make it out to be. We saw what our team could be early in the year and now, like seems to be our fate, our team has been injury plagued and our defensive weaknesses have been exposed once again. We all knew we had no one that was going to generate a consistent pass rush off the edge. We hoped Merriman would return to form, but he served better as a decoy and run defender than anything else. When Kyle and Merriman went down our defense changed dramatically. We haven't held up against the run since. Bell and Hairston go down, Levitre is getting moved all over, Wood tears an ACL, and it's capped off by Fred's broken leg. We've lost 5 straight games and everyone is basically wanting to clean house again. Do I think Edwards should be here? No and I think he'll get fired at year's end. Gailey and Nix though? No. They are getting this thing going in the right direction at least. The guys like Chan, they like playing for Chan, and Nix is going to get the right people in here. It takes time people. Look at the roster turnover. We have a lot of young guys getting experience this year. This bodes well for us in the long run, especially Spiller getting on the field. He would've had 150 yards and 2 TD's if not for penalties. Everyone just wants to cry about Ralph, the FO, and the coaching staff. Get a box of tissues, go to a therapist, join an anger management group, but don't be on the wagon while things are good and using it for firewood when things go wrong. Losing sucks, we all know this from prior years around here, but our team is not that bad. Just enjoy football, watch our young guys develop, and hope we can have a good off-season. We WILL be better next year.

I've been a Bills fan for 25 years. Been through the years of building in the mid-late 80's, 4 SB losses, the Music City Forward Lateral, Bledsoe vs. the Pittsburgh 3rd string, the Jauron era coupled with Levy part two, and here we stand today. We are in the second season of Gailey and Nix. After 5 weeks everyone was crying out 12-4 or 11-5, now everyone is just crying. Almost every thread should be titled "Piss and Moan". It's really not as bad as you guys make it out to be. We saw what our team could be early in the year and now, like seems to be our fate, our team has been injury plagued and our defensive weaknesses have been exposed once again. We all knew we had no one that was going to generate a consistent pass rush off the edge. We hoped Merriman would return to form, but he served better as a decoy and run defender than anything else. When Kyle and Merriman went down our defense changed dramatically. We haven't held up against the run since. Bell and Hairston go down, Levitre is getting moved all over, Wood tears an ACL, and it's capped off by Fred's broken leg. We've lost 5 straight games and everyone is basically wanting to clean house again. Do I think Edwards should be here? No and I think he'll get fired at year's end. Gailey and Nix though? No. They are getting this thing going in the right direction at least. The guys like Chan, they like playing for Chan, and Nix is going to get the right people in here. It takes time people. Look at the roster turnover. We have a lot of young guys getting experience this year. This bodes well for us in the long run, especially Spiller getting on the field. He would've had 150 yards and 2 TD's if not for penalties. Everyone just wants to cry about Ralph, the FO, and the coaching staff. Get a box of tissues, go to a therapist, join an anger management group, but don't be on the wagon while things are good and using it for firewood when things go wrong. Losing sucks, we all know this from prior years around here, but our team is not that bad. Just enjoy football, watch our young guys develop, and hope we can have a good off-season. We WILL be better next year.

I got a good laugh from a fella in another Bills forum who said when he dies he's going to get "maybe next season..." printed on his tombstone, hehe

Edited by Fig Newton

they were tears of joy. now i have real tears like how one would react if your wife gets caught doing the landlord or the school janitor

i better stop typing this stuff. one day that stuff will happen to me

I think we should all be past being patient with this team. That said, we really have no choice but to be patient. The Bills are not going to go after high priced free agents in the foreseeable future or hire a top GM to turn things around. The only hope is that Nix's drafting improves dramatically over the next couple of years.

Keep in mind the same people who were saying "Patience People Patience" were around when Dick Jauron was coach. Remember back in 2006 "Patience people this is JP's first year as a starter" or "Patience people we're switching to a 4-3 defense" or "Patience people Trent Edwards is the quarterback of the future."

Every is justified for being upset and disappointed with this team. The people of Western, NY deserve better than the lame product on the field for the past 12 years. I say that we are 110% entitled to "piss and moan" like the OP said. Do us a favor, stop with the threads criticizing fans for complaining. Why should anyone have faith or "patience" in Ralph Wilson and the people he puts in charge to run this team?

"Patience people, patience -- it will take 12 more years to make it to the playoffs" What a joke

No offense I really don't agree with this at all and I don't agree with you criticizing the good people of this board. They are venting not "pissing and moaning" like you suggest. Sorry but we all don't have the patience to wait 2 decades to be competitive like you. So I am going to translate what you said, people I feel you are being extremely unrealistic:

"We WILL be better next year."

Translation: We will be 6-10, instead of 5-11

"They are getting this thing going in the right direction at least."

Translation: We will make the playoffs by 2021...be patient

"It's really not as bad as you guys make it out to be.".

Translation: It's no so bad, we could lose 10 games in a row instead of 9.

"Everyone just wants to cry about Ralph."

Translation: People are holding the owner of a franchise accountable for the horrendous decisions he's made as owner of the team.

"When Kyle and Merriman went down our defense changed dramatically."

Translation: We gave up 400 yards a game, instead of the usual 500

"It takes time people."

Translation: We've only been rebuilding for 12 years

Just enjoy football, watch our young guys develop, and hope we can have a good off-season

Translation: Pretend to enjoy losing. At least we're losing by fewer point this year -- progress.

When Ralph dies i think i will hold a party every year on that day at my house....i cant stand him and if i ever got to meet him id be "that guy" that threw the shoe at Bush when he was in office.

I am no Ralph fan...I will say that he does deserve a certain amount of respect for being one of the founding members of the AFL and for not pulling an "Art Modell." and staying in Buffalo. But aside from striking GOLD by hiring Bill Polian, Ralph has really hurt this franchise. Over the past 12 years you might say that there is not an NFL owner worse than Ralph....not even Al Davis. This is sad.

I am no Ralph fan...I will say that he does deserve a certain amount of respect for being one of the founding members of the AFL and for not pulling an "Art Modell." and staying in Buffalo. But aside from striking GOLD by hiring Bill Polian, Ralph has really hurt this franchise. Over the past 12 years you might say that there is not an NFL owner worse than Ralph....not even Al Davis. This is sad.

The fact the bills havent made the playoffs in over a decade DEFINITLY overshadows the respect he gained from being a founder of the AFL, How can you help found a league in one hand, and in the other own a team and not give a rats behind year in and year out if they are competing? Its been over 10 years man im so tired of watching my team year in and year out work with the bottom of the barrel, THEN to top it off not buy the reaming tickets at 66% OFF making the rest of the home games be blacked out....REALLY DUDE?

RW:"Thanks Bills fan for beefing up my pockets the last 10 years while i have put a bunch of castoffs on the field for you to watch, oh just to make sure you know how thankful i am im not going to buy the remaing tickets so that the games will be blacked out".

The fact the bills havent made the playoffs in over a decade DEFINITLY overshadows the respect he gained from being a founder of the AFL, How can you help found a league in one hand, and in the other own a team and not give a rats behind year in and year out if they are competing? Its been over 10 years man im so tired of watching my team year in and year out work with the bottom of the barrel, THEN to top it off not buy the reaming tickets at 66% OFF making the rest of the home games be blacked out....REALLY DUDE?

RW:"Thanks Bills fan for beefing up my pockets the last 10 years while i have put a bunch of castoffs on the field for you to watch, oh just to make sure you know how thankful i am im not going to buy the remaing tickets so that the games will be blacked out".

His problem is that he does want to win, but he is too old and senile to step out of his comfort zone and part with two things he cares the most about when it comes to the Bills -- MONEY and CONTROL. He got burned once with Donahoe and he hasn't reached outside of the organization. Ralph just doesn't understand what it takes to win in the NFL in 2011.

they were tears of joy. now i have real tears like how one would react if your wife gets caught doing the landlord or the school janitor

i better stop typing this stuff. one day that stuff will happen to me

This some funny **** lmao.. :lol:

+1

The only thing that could salvage this year would be Ralph selling the team. Willingly or thorough his will.