ON THE CUSP OF GLORY?

Not living in the past as much as trying to predict the future. The central question is: have we bottomed out? If so, we could be in the SB hunt in a surprisingly short time. Or are we going to limp on at 7-9 or so into the forseeable future? Consensus seems to be the latter.

That is a very civil answer to my rather snarky post. Thank you for that. Last year, the team started off poorly and ended strong. The beginning of this season, the strong performances continued, which made people very optimistic. Now with the recent string of bad games, nobody knows what to think. Nobody wants to believe that next season will be yet another disappointment. Injuries and lack of depth are the excuses, which seem valid. Only time will tell.

It seems as though the team is on its way to better days, but we have all been burned too many times to be too optimistic. There are people who want to blame Fitz's bad passing skills, blame the poor drafting, blame the loss of Evans and Hangartner, blame the coaches, blame a defense that couldn't stop the run very well even before the injuries, etc. I believe the draft will add depth, most key players will be re-signed (not sure about Stevie), they will find a graceful way to remove Edwards as DC, and next year the Bills will still be relevant at Christmas time. I don't say that just to be blindly optimistic, I think I really believe it.

Chan was right all along, they weren't as good as people thought, and not as bad.

I think the defense is two OLB playmakers away from being very good, with the #1 priority a pass-rushing OLB who can play run as well. The O needs another tackle and a talented WR with speed (really sorry we didn't get to see what Easley brings).

I think their biggest problem, outside of the pass rusher, was that their depth was made up of mainly rookies. Without all of the injuries, I think they have a good shot at 10 wins. [it's too bad Merriman didn't pan out.]

The bright side is this year's class is getting a lot of experience. I think it's also serendipitous that Jackson went down to give Spiller the chance to show what he can do.

I understand the frustration people have, but I see an improving team that's almost there. Another draft like 2011 and this should be a playoff team.

There's always hope...

Nailed it, well said

That is a very civil answer to my rather snarky post. Thank you for that.

It's all good Graybeard, and all part of Stadium Wall Billiever therapy! :D

Last year, the team started off poorly and ended strong. The beginning of this season, the strong performances continued, which made people very optimistic. Now with the recent string of bad games, nobody knows what to think. Nobody wants to believe that next season will be yet another disappointment. Injuries and lack of depth are the excuses, which seem valid. Only time will tell.

It seems as though the team is on its way to better days, but we have all been burned too many times to be too optimistic. There are people who want to blame Fitz's bad passing skills, blame the poor drafting, blame the loss of Evans and Hangartner, blame the coaches, blame a defense that couldn't stop the run very well even before the injuries, etc. I believe the draft will add depth, most key players will be re-signed (not sure about Stevie), they will find a graceful way to remove Edwards as DC, and next year the Bills will still be relevant at Christmas time. I don't say that just to be blindly optimistic, I think I really believe it.

This is pretty much where I'm at too, but I don't trust ownership to follow up with key FA signings and contract extensions. Overall I'm cautiously optimistic, but as you point out, it's hard to Billive after being burned so many times.