I've been so patient, but...

phypon

I like chan, I really do. But, I'm not seeing good enough results. If he retains Edwards after this season, I will be very disappointed. Since the drought has been so long, I'm all for blowing it up again. No need to be in a hurry now after all of this time has passed by. Once the pieces finally fit it will be obvious we have a winner. I don't see that happening right now.

And hey, after a blow up, optimism abounds!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are in favor of "blowing it all up" every 2 years, the team will NEVER make the playoffs again.

How about giving them a little longer than 23 months?

Because I see regression not progression. By now, we already know what they will look like next year, we've just seen it for 23 months...soon to be 24. It's not going to change. There have been no adjustments, just sticking to the game plan. Even in the few wins in the press conferences the players and coaches have said, "we didn't change anything at half time...". This team has been figured out and have not been able to counter that. The pieces simply do not fit, why keep trying to force a square peg in a round hole? Time for a new staff.

Edited by phypon

Because I see regression not progression. By now, we already know what they will look like next year, we've just seen it for 23 months...soon to be 24. It's not going to change. There have been no adjustments, just sticking to the game plan. Even in the few wins in the press conferences the players and coaches have said, "we didn't change anything at half time...". This team has been figured out and have not been able to counter that. The pieces simply do not fit, why keep trying to force a square peg in a round hole? Time for a new staff.

Wow, you mean the team has regressed as we sent 13 players to IR? Amazing...

We had 6 rookies start/play today and they held their own to keep it close. Im not happy with the loss, but I see promise out of what they are starting to build.

Most importantly, Whaley hasnt been here very long and it looks like he is improving the team.

Take a breath, NO ONE has rebuilt a team in one year. Not the Dolphins. Not the Falcons.

You make some very good points. I wish that the problem was only as simple as firing Chan. I do believe that he is a very mediocre coach - there's a lot of them out there. The problem stems not only from Chan's inability to use his talent, but also from our GM's inability to give him players that can play. It's a two way street here fans.

The man that holds the key to making this a winning franchise is NOT Buddy Nix. It's NOT Chan Gailey. It's not Ryan Fitzpatrick.

It's Ralph Wilson. He will not hire a competent GM to run this team and even if he did give up the money and the power, no one wants to work for Old man Wilson.

The biggest problem with this franchise is RALPH.

No. You can't blow it up again. You need to be more patient as its only been two years and when building through the draft it takes 3-5 years. We have a good base and just need to keep building on it. if you keep "blowing it up" every two years we will never have a winner. The only thing that needs changing is our DC and our retard hybrid, 34 players players can't play 43 and vice versa. We have been drafting 34 guys and need to continue to do so and actually run a 34. As the losses keep mounting hopefully Chan will realize this and make the change.

No. You can't blow it up again. You need to be more patient as its only been two years and when building through the draft it takes 3-5 years. We have a good base and just need to keep building on it. if you keep "blowing it up" every two years we will never have a winner. The only thing that needs changing is our DC and our retard hybrid, 34 players players can't play 43 and vice versa. We have been drafting 34 guys and need to continue to do so and actually run a 34. As the losses keep mounting hopefully Chan will realize this and make the change.

We have to patient...rebuilding takes 8-10. It takes about 10 years to rebuild a team you know. Look at San Francisco last year. 10 years.

You make some very good points. I wish that the problem was only as simple as firing Chan. I do believe that he is a very mediocre coach - there's a lot of them out there. The problem stems not only from Chan's inability to use his talent, but also from our GM's inability to give him players that can play. It's a two way street here fans.

The man that holds the key to making this a winning franchise is NOT Buddy Nix. It's NOT Chan Gailey. It's not Ryan Fitzpatrick.

It's Ralph Wilson. He will not hire a competent GM to run this team and even if he did give up the money and the power, no one wants to work for Old man Wilson.

The biggest problem with this franchise is RALPH.

Great post. I definitely agree with you.

My biggest gripe will be the fate of Edwards. Like I said, I like chan, but I'm not seeing him make the changes to fit what he has to work with. I'm not just talking about the offense, as head coach he is responsible for the defense too.

We had 6 rookies start/play today and they held their own to keep it close. Im not happy with the loss, but I see promise out of what they are starting to build.

Most importantly, Whaley hasnt been here very long and it looks like he is improving the team.

Take a breath, NO ONE has rebuilt a team in one year. Not the Dolphins. Not the Falcons.

Ahh, the all present and all knowing injury card.

:thumbsup:

Should see those just FLYING around here pretty soon.

Ahh, the all present and all knowing injury card.

:thumbsup:

Should see those just FLYING around here pretty soon.

What was that team that had all sorts of injuries and won the SuperBowl last year...wasn't it the Green Bay something-or-anothers?

I like chan, I really do. But, I'm not seeing good enough results. If he retains Edwards after this season, I will be very disappointed. Since the drought has been so long, I'm all for blowing it up again. No need to be in a hurry now after all of this time has passed by. Once the pieces finally fit it will be obvious we have a winner. I don't see that happening right now.

And hey, after a blow up, optimism abounds!

The only way for this team to win, is for Ralph to sell the team to someone committed to winning. Everything the FO does is calculated to keep the team minimally competetive at the lowest possible cost.

What was that team that had all sorts of injuries and won the SuperBowl last year...wasn't it the Green Bay something-or-anothers?

Green Bay has had a stable FO and were NOT in Year 2 of a rebuild. They are deep in talent. We are not.

We lost our All-pro NT, our OL leader Center, our League Leading RB, and our LT... just to name a few. You want to just continue the cycle of crap instead of taking your lumps and continuing on a path.

Everything the FO does is calculated to keep the team minimally competetive at the lowest possible cost.

YES...The most honest and on-the-money post ever made at 2 Bills Drive. They spend just enough to fill the seats early on and collect the cash from the Bill-ievers. As P.T. Barnum said, "A sucker is born every minute". Wilson is Barnum, Billievers are the suckers.

Rex Ryan took the Jets to two straight AFC Championship games in his first 2 years. So yes, it can be done but more likely new regimes undergo growing pains before experiencing sucess.

The Dolphins went 1-15 in 2007 and 11-5 in 2008 as division champs.

I respect the optimism but this franchise hasn't got a clue what its doing.

And then have sucked ever since. If you want a "one year flash in the pan" then we arent on the same page. I want the FO to build the team into a stable perennial contender. The Dolphins did not rebuild, they had one lucky year.

Green Bay has had a stable FO and were NOT in Year 2 of a rebuild. They are deep in talent. We are not.

We lost our All-pro NT, our OL leader Center, our League Leading RB, and our LT... just to name a few. You want to just continue the cycle of crap instead of taking your lumps and continuing on a path.

All true Doc, but the lack of depth can only be addressed in FA, and we have avowed a strategy of "rebuilding through the draft" (see my post above about keeping the team minimally competetive at the lowest cost). Without depth, we're going to see the cycle occur every year, fast start by young talent and then hit a wall when the first string starts getting hurt.

All true Doc, but the lack of depth can only be addressed in FA, and we have avowed a strategy of "rebuilding through the draft" (see my post above about keeping the team minimally competetive at the lowest cost). Without depth, we're going to see the cycle occur every year, fast start by young talent and then hit a wall when the first string starts getting hurt.

Disagree, depth is built through the draft. Your late round picks. FA is used best once you have built a good foundation via the draft, you then go out and sign quality FAs to complete the puzzle and make a run.