Can you honestly be a Bill's fan

AKC

If you’re still bitching about our team or any individual member of the Buffalo Bills or their staff at this time of this season it’s reasonable for others to conclude you’re not really a Bill’s fan. The primary reasons for this is that it’s the only conclusion an objective person can reach knowing that:

A) The vast majority of the national press is fawning over the team in Buffalo and how well the three segments of the team are putting complete games together and helping out whatever unit isn’t getting their best performance in on any given Sunday. Say Team. Now say Team again. And continue reciting it over and over until it begins to mean something to you, like it obviously does to the guys on our roster. The reason no one is quitting on Sundays is that they believe in each other. It would be nice if the fan base could adopt the same stance.

B) NFL analysts, including former Pro-Bowl NFL Players, are talking about the good fit of ALL our personnel and their adoption of the new scheme on the offensive side of the ball, the improvement on Special Teams and the difficulty opposing offenses are having with our aggressive defense. Sterling Sharpe on NFL Playbook last night said- "Buffalo is very lucky to have Drew Bledsoe running their show right now". But hey, what the heck does he know? No doubt 2% of our fan base understands the game of football FAR better than Sharpe ;-)

C) Bill’s fans are excited about the possibility of a playoff berth and the opportunity to play our best ball going into the post-season. Even most pessimists are optimistic at this moment in time. If they’re actually Bill’s fans.

Does our position allow questioning of coaching, player abilities and roster decisions? Of course- but right now in a positive way because for Christ’s sake we’re IN POSITION TO GET IN THE PLAYOFFS. I’ll offer a twist on an old adage-

If you don’t have anything good to say about our team at this moment, in this season,- STFU!

If you’re still bitching about our team or any individual member of the Buffalo Bills or their staff at this time of this season it’s reasonable for others to conclude you’re not really a Bill’s fan. The primary reasons for this is that it’s the only conclusion an objective person can reach knowing that:

A) The vast majority of the national press is fawning over the team in Buffalo and how well the three segments of the team are putting complete games together and helping out whatever unit isn’t getting their best performance in on any given Sunday. Say Team. Now say Team again. And continue reciting it over and over until it begins to mean something to you, like it obviously does to the guys on our roster. The reason no one is quitting on Sundays is that they believe in each other. It would be nice if the fan base could adopt the same stance.

B) NFL analysts, including former Pro-Bowl NFL Players, are talking about the good fit of ALL our personnel and their adoption of the new scheme on the offensive side of the ball, the improvement on Special Teams and the difficulty opposing offenses are having with our aggressive defense. Sterling Sharpe on NFL Playbook last night said- "Buffalo is very lucky to have Drew Bledsoe running their show right now". But hey, what the heck does he know? No doubt 2% of our fan base understands the game of football FAR better than Sharpe ;-)

C) Bill’s fans are excited about the possibility of a playoff berth and the opportunity to play our best ball going into the post-season. Even most pessimists are optimistic at this moment in time. If they’re actually Bill’s fans.

Does our position allow questioning of coaching, player abilities and roster decisions? Of course- but right now in a positive way because for Christ’s sake we’re IN POSITION TO GET IN THE PLAYOFFS. I’ll offer a twist on an old adage-

If you don’t have anything good to say about our team at this moment, in this season,- STFU!

177336[/snapback]

Good post.

Hmmmmm.....I dunno......I agree with just about everything you say......but there is ALWAYS a reason to pick on Drew......you just have to be creative sometimes :P

dude... please, stop it.

can you criticize your brother and yet still love him. can you criticize the president and still vote for him?

What you need to do is get over the fact that many of us criticize the team.

In this life there's always room for improvement. And even the best players and coaches in football will tell you that when you're satisfied you're going to have problems.

What you need to do is get over the fact that many of us criticize the team. 

177444[/snapback]

That statement is absolutely false.

At this time, with this team playing possibly the best TEAM football in the league, there's but a tiny fraction who are still so ingrained in some foolish position that they can't be downright giddy like the majority of our fan base. We all understand that your pre-season postion hasn't played out the way you insisted it would- I'd welcome you to let go of your disappointment in being wrong and join the rest of us in supporting this team 100%. You can't imagine how awesome it is until you jump onboard!

Some people look for the good, some people look for the bad... anyone complaining or being negative right now must be small, unhappy people. It's Christmas time, the Bills have won 5 in a row and my family is great... I have nothing to be negative about. I hope everyone else's family is doing well... if so there is no reason to be negative... Happy Holidays and Go Bills!

If there is one thing I wish people would understand here, it's this....Negativity and Objectivity are TWO DIFFERENT things.

177456[/snapback]

I do differentiate between the two. I welcome well thought out, objective comments... I enjoy the healthy debates they generate. My comment was intended for the posters, that no matter what, look for the negative.

Merry Christmas!

If there is one thing I wish people would understand here, it's this....Negativity and Objectivity are TWO DIFFERENT things.

177456[/snapback]

We Do!

Just like we recognize that Fact and Opinion are two different things.

Just like we recognize the difference between intelligent discourse and mindless blathering.

Just like we recognize someone desperately trying to justify an entrenched position.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

GO BILLS!

177456[/snapback]

Right. You're objective. In fact, according to your post on Billszone, only you and Mark Weiler "get it", and we all know Mark uses the term "Humpty" as part of his objectivity.

:P

Can you honestly be a Bill's fan if you give a rat's sh-- about how ANYBODY else feels about the Bills?

Why does it irk you that some people don't have a !@#$ing Mooney sh---eating-grin on their face 24/7?

I say, grow up and let other people lead the kind of life they want to.