Thoughts on Big Banks by a few conspiracy theorists..

TPS

The The Andrew Jackson quote was just as true then as it is today

“I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the Bank. … You are a den of vipers and thieves.”

~Andrew Jackson, 1834, on closing the Second Bank of the United States

Except that when they lost they charged it to the tax pay AND split the remaining cash amongst them.

There are so many things wrong with our financial system, but the largest is the conflict of inetrest facing most commercial and investment banks today. Reinstating Glass-Stegall would be a great place to start.

Edited by ACor58

So what exactly happened after Jackson closed down the Second Bank?

Dude, chill.

I simply thought it was interesting. If anyone posted almost any of those comments here at PPP, they would get JSP's response. I find that amusing.

Dude, chill.

I simply thought it was interesting. If anyone posted almost any of those comments here at PPP, they would get JSP's response. I find that amusing.

People do post that on PPP, I get your memory of '08-'09 is shot. And they got JSP's response back then too.

Big, bad, evil bankers.

People do post that on PPP, I get your memory of '08-'09 is shot. And they got JSP's response back then too.

Big, bad, evil bankers.

Yeah, at 55 I have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast. So I darn well won't remember many posts from a few years back.

As for evil bankers, yes, next time, let the Wall Street fockers sink. Better to blame welfare queens I suppose...