League will study Johnson's escape from Revis Island

buffalo1983

Just like you shouldn't judge a player on one bad game you shouldn't judge a player on one good game, I don't care who it was against. Stevie has been a non factor most of the year, I don't understand why now that he has a game people are talking like he's this huge number one guy. Consistency, that's the name of the game if you wanna be successful in this league.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like you shouldn't judge a player on one bad game you shouldn't judge a player on one good game, I don't care who it was against. Stevie has been a non factor most of the year, I don't understand why now that he has a game people are talking like he's this huge number one guy. Consistency, that's the name of the game if you wanna be successful in this league.

Started out hot... His best game was against the #2 corner in the league (I like Woodson as #1), and his first outing against Revis & co he put up another 70 some yards....sooooo, 2 very good games man up on Revis, a hot start, and a lull due to injury...I think he's pretty damn good & if you don't see it you don't have much in the football IQ department upstairs. Sorry, not trying to be rude, but seems like your the guy who lets Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield, Jabari Greer, etc. walk away....you must keep your best players to remain competitive year in and year out. We have 5 more games left, and barring any further set backs with his hammy, i'm willing to bet he finishes as strong as he started and earns a pay day.

Edited by Armchair GM

Actually if you read those threads carefully, there are only a few but vocal posters who actually want him gone. Most (me included) are complaining about his critical mistakes and occasional displays of immaturity.

I want him to be a Bill for a very long time and think he will greatly benefit from the addition of a deep threat.

"Actually if you read my post", I said there are PEOPLE on this board. That doesn't insinuate all nor a majority. But thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by KellyToTasker

People are idiots for wanting to get rid of SJ. Ya, I said it. Hus juvenile antics and untimely drops are annoying as hell but he can clean those up by focusing and maturing as a young man and player.

Unlike most of our games Fitz held on to the ball to wait for WRs to get open. The replays of Johnson on Revis tell us all we need to know. Stevie was putting on some serious multiple moves and basket ball style jukes on Revis. If you have enough time to throw enough fakes any defender will eventually buy one. Getting off the line clean is important as well.

I truly believe that part of the whole Revis island thing is that he is so incredibly physical with WRs often to the point of illegal contact but the refs buy into him being the best so they let him get away with it.

I just want him to catch the damn ball....

Stevie has GREAT hands, but lacks concentration in clutch situations. For those that say he has horrible hands, you're wrong. Saying he has poor concentration is more accurate. He always makes the difficult catches, but misses the easy catches at the end of the games. Thats due to lack of concentration. You guys make me laugh

The exuberant celebrations and jubilant stupidity of Buffalo's Stevie Johnson made all of the news from the Bills-Jets game, but there was something that happened in the game that was far more interesting which coaches around the NFL are studying with great interest.

In that game, Johnson regularly beat the best cornerback in football, Darrelle Revis.

Now, Revis getting beat happens. Revis getting beat the way Johnson did it never happens. Never, ever, never.

The Newark Star Ledger reports Revis was targeted 13 times and gave up nine catches for 77 yards and a score. It was the second most targets all season showing teams might be getting more comfortable throwing at the best corner in football.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/16294148/tenpoint-stance-league-will-study-johnsons-escape-from-revis-island

Not buying it.

All this proves is how great Revis is. The guy gives up one TD all season and it happens in game 11. 75 yards --- whoopie! McKelvin and Florence each give up that many yards in one quarter.

Edited by Bob in STL

I really dig what SJ did. He just needs to mature a little bit. I also respect Fitz even more for going straight at revis.

I dnt give a dam how good revis is. You dnt take **** from me(half of the field).

I've never been one to shun away from the best. So go get revis!! Not cromartie, but revis!

!@#$ Revis island!! My man SJ. Just put up some realestate on it!!!

Not buying it.

All this proves is how great Revis is. The guy gives up one TD all season and it happens in game 11. 75 yards --- whoopie! McKelvin and Florence each give up that many yards in one quarter.

That's OK. You can be wrong. It's called ignorance.