Michael Vick 100 Million Dollar man

Thailog80

Actually very few people seem to be on his bandwagon around here.

Considering this is his second full season and he's taking his team to the playoffs AGAIN. Why isn't he worth it? 11-3 record? 24-11-1 record as a starter? He's a winner folks. He may not be the prototypical QB but he's a winner.

And as far as salary cap hell? The Falcons are currently one of the best run franchises in terms of cap management. Arthur Blank has turned the franchise around.

Actually very few people seem to be on his bandwagon around here.

Considering this is his second full season and he's taking his team to the playoffs AGAIN. Why isn't he worth it? 11-3 record? 24-11-1 record as a starter? He's a winner folks. He may not be the prototypical QB but he's a winner.

And as far as salary cap hell? The Falcons are currently one of the best run franchises in terms of cap management. Arthur Blank has turned the franchise around.

175871[/snapback]

It's a little early for that. I'm very curious to see how his career pans out. I have a feeling he's not going to be around anywhere close to 10 years with the number and ferocity of hits he takes.

It's a little early for that.  I'm very curious to see how his career pans out.  I have a feeling he's not going to be around anywhere close to 10 years with the number and ferocity of hits he takes.

175887[/snapback]

I agree............with the hits he takes he'll never see ten years in the NFL. Look at Steve McNair at 31 he's a shell of a player.

I agree............with the hits he takes he'll never see ten years in the NFL. Look at Steve McNair at 31 he's a shell of a player.

175908[/snapback]

But, both of you are assuming he's going to be out a lot for the remainder of his career.

You have two options. Lock up Vick long term and roll the dice or let him go and sign someone else who more than likely isn't going to have the impact Vick would. Now, the Falcons have Vick for his career.

Let's not forget, the guy is 24 and this is his second system. He's only going to get better.

Its business too.

Vick sells a LOT of merchandise....people do pay to see him....business wi$e it makes sense for the Falcons.

176002[/snapback]

I'm sure that factors into it. I was strictly looking at it from the football side, where he is extremely overrated at this point in his career.

I'm sure that factors into it.  I was strictly looking at it from the football side, where he is extremely overrated at this point in his career.

176016[/snapback]

Overrated???? He's playing with the same team that went 2-10 without him last year. 2-10.

He comes back last year and they go 3-1 to finish the season. This year with the same core of players they go 11-3.

But, he's overrated b/c you think his individual stats aren't up to snuff???

Overrated???? He's playing with the same team that went 2-10 without him last year. 2-10.

He comes back last year and they go 3-1 to finish the season. This year with the same core of players they go 11-3.

But, he's overrated b/c you think his individual stats aren't up to snuff???

176027[/snapback]

No, he's overrated because I've watched him play. There are 3 big factors in their record:

1. The head coaching change.

2. The hiring of Alex Gibbs to coach the offensive line (sound familiar?).

3. Their schedule.

I've said before that stats don't mean much but Vick's as overrated a QB as anyone out there. As usual, QBs get either too much credit or too much blame. Take the former in this case.

No, he's overrated because I've watched him play.  There are 3 big factors in their record:

1.  The head coaching change.

2.  The hiring of Alex Gibbs to coach the offensive line (sound familiar?).

3.  Their schedule.

I've said before that stats don't mean much but Vick's as overrated a QB as anyone out there.  As usual, QBs get either too much credit or too much blame.  Take the former in this case.

176042[/snapback]

Schedule arguement is absolute garbage. The NFL makes the calander not the Falcons. We don't deserve to be 8-6 either if the Falcs don't deserve to be 11-3.

Vick has been sacked 44 times. 44 times! Alex Gibbs must be teaching those boys a lot.

I agree, Vick is not a prototype QB.

But I would make this contract move as well, if I were Arthur Blank.

Vick's gotta be at the top of the NFL merchandise list. He's the most exciting player in the league. ANYTHING can happen when he touches the ball.

The Falcons are 11-3. With TO out, I think Atlanta is now the favorite in the NFC. What happens if Michael Vick leads the Falcons to their second Super Bowl in seven years? I think they can actually win the whole enchilada. Right now.

Mike

Schedule arguement is absolute garbage. The NFL makes the calander not the Falcons. We don't deserve to be 8-6 either if the Falcs don't deserve to be 11-3.

Vick has been sacked 44 times. 44 times! Alex Gibbs must be teaching those boys a lot.

176054[/snapback]

Thanks for using statistics to prove your argument. I prefer the 169.6 YPG and 5.1 YPC they are leading the NFL with (Vick certainly adds to that though) than the product of Vick not being able to read a defense and holding the ball too long. The late fumble last week that the Falcons luckily recovered because Vick didn't know where to throw the ball was an excellent example.

Taking advantage of teams you should beat is the mark of good coaching. Don't misunderstand the point.

They also went from last in the NFL in total defense to the top 10, which I'm sure has nothing to do with their record and everything to do with Michael Vick. Of course, Mora is known for defense. :devil: