Finally the Debate is Settled!!!!

ajzepp

BTW- If I am not mistaken, this episode, "Wink Of an Eye", had a scene that was "censored" in parts of the US, upon it's original airing...at the start of a scene in Kirks' quarters, Deela is laying on the bed, and Kirk is pulling on his boots...implying that he has just "sealed the deal" so to speak.

:lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW- If I am not mistaken, this episode, "Wink Of an Eye", had a scene that was "censored" in parts of the US, upon it's original airing...at the start of a scene in Kirks' quarters, Deela is laying on the bed, and Kirk is pulling on his boots...implying that he has just "sealed the deal" so to speak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPJJInIjK_4&feature=player_embedded

Actually, it WASN'T censored on its original airing...the CBS censors, who normally would have been all over that like stink on an OWS protester, somehow completely missed it.

There's a couple of "Making of Star Trek" books, probably out of print (one, I'm sure is. The other, by David Gerrold, might be available from his web site), that discuss the network censors. Some of the censorship was over the top by the standards even ten years later, and the memos the production staff traded on the topic are hilarious.