Bunch formation

Like the previous posters said, they haven't used the bunch recently. The longer the season has gone on, the more this offense has been looking like the vanilla Trent Edwards era.

This week, I'd have practiced the Spiller deep pass play (they missed on against Dallas) and attempt to nail it on the first play of the Miami game. Fitzpatrick needs it, Spiller needs it, Jackson needs it, the whole team needs it. The team needs to open things up and make defenses cover the whole field again.

But sadly like Jauron, head coach Gailey is probably afraid to give them another chance with that play. Gailey has turned into Dick Jauron and it's disgusting.

Our players suck, and our coaches suck. I think we agree on that much. :)

You sound just like the posters who would try to protect Dick Jauron's ineptness.

Right now, Gailey is the problem. It's clear he's mailing in his job on offense given the lack of creative play calling. He doesn't care about the defense at all. Do you think that George Edwards would have lasted even a half year let alone a full year and a half in NY, Dallas, Philly, Pitt, ect, ect...

Enough with the excuses for Gailey. The Jets and Cowboys are two mediocre teams. We didn't get romped on because of injuries. We got romped on because their head coaches put in the time and energy to prepare their team, while Gailey clearly didn't.

The Jets are one of the most talented teams in the league but, like the Eagles, they suffer from disciplinary issues and a lack of chemistry. If Tom Coughlin were coaching that team- with Rex as d-coordinator- they'd be pretty damn good.

The Jets are one of the most talented teams in the league but, like the Eagles, they suffer from disciplinary issues and a lack of chemistry. If Tom Coughlin were coaching that team- with Rex as d-coordinator- they'd be pretty damn good.

You're giving the Jets way too much credit. They have no QB, no runningback and their defense is gimmicky and prone to the big play. If the Bills were smart they would have exploited those areas of weakness. But since they have no defensive coordinator and their head coach has lost interest in game planning you see what can happen to a team.

Granted the Jets' defense is way better than ours, but our offense is much better than theirs. Gailey is the main reason why the Bills have got their doors blown in. Our players have looked more lost than the worst preseason game you can ever imagine. That's bad coaching.

Edited by 1billsfan

Yep, that's it exactly--Gailey is afraid to call that play again. That must be it exactly. Explains everything. What a coward.

Some of you guys are hilarious.

:thumbsup:

You're giving the Jets way too much credit. They have no QB, no runningback and their defense is gimmicky and prone to the big play. If the Bills were smart they would have exploited those areas of weakness. But since they have no defensive coordinator and their head coach has lost interest in game planning you see what can happen to a team.

Granted the Jets' defense is way better than ours, but our offense is much better than theirs. Gailey is the main reason why the Bills have got their doors blown in. Our players have looked more lost than the worst preseason game you can ever imagine. That's bad coaching.

"head coach lost interest in game planning"

Really?!?!? Really?!?!? :wallbash:

I normally don't name call, but you are an idiot!!! I think I'll skip over and not read anything 1billsfan has to say anymore. One question though: Really?!?!?

Ah, the Bills bashers are coming back out of the woodwork! Gailey was using the bunch formation a lot early in the year, teams have figured out the counters so it doesn't work well .....but by magic he is supposed to make it still work. :wallbash: I guess these posters didn't see how Dallas was jumping out a lot of players to the outside and kept some of the quick passes to actual negative yardage. Our offensive line is presently a mash unit, and we have 2 WR's out for the year and 2 hobbled. Gailey will come up with something.

Honestly I don't think teams figured out how to counter it. When I saw it used....IT WORKED. I don't recall seeing it for at least a few weeks.

I hate to say it, but I really think that Rex and the Jets took some of Chan and the Bills' mojo away. It was almost like they were bullied into submission. (Think "Water Boy" and Henry Winkler's being terrified of Jerry Reed.)

Thanks to an inept QB, the Jets managed to allow the Bills to stay around in the football game until the 2nd half. However, the Bills did NOTHING on offense and really didn't even try anything creative. Even the Wildcat (which I am not a fan of -- but at least would have been something different) was never utilized.

The beat-down had a lingering effect as we saw last week in Dallas.

The game against the Dolphins this week now becomes the most important game in the Chan/Nix era. If they can travel down to South Florida and rediscover their mojo, then they just may be able to get back on track. Remember a rematch against the Jets the following week awaits. Hopefully then someone can sit Chan down and convince him to imagine that Rex's head is that of a baby...

It is incredible that a guy who has made a living as a football coach and has a career winning record including NCAA and the NFL combined is not as good at drawing up offensive plays as posters and part time football fans.

Jeez Chan, run a WR bunch, It works on Madden football every time, but you have to reorder the roster so Roscoe Parrish is the slot and motion Jackson to the right.

If winning Dallas or NYJ game was really one formation away, fire the guy now.

Somehow, I think, it just can't be that simple.

Or maybe it could be.

It has been curious that the bunch was missing from the Jets game and the Cowgirls game.

I think even Phil Simms noted during the Jets game that the Bills went away from the bunch that they used extensively in the first 7 games. He said he was surprised because it is a good way to get away from the press-man coverage the Jets were working.

It is strange that they went away from something that was working.

If it's working keep doing it until someone stops it. The Jets didn't stop the bunch they stopped the spread.