What our D and O-lines should look like this week, IMO

Justice

Now is not the time to play musical chairs with our offensive line. If I were Coach Gailey I'd start:

LT Hairston

LG Levitre

C Urbik

RG Rhinehart

RT Pears

Of course this lineup is assuming that Hairston is back to full strength, which he should be. He was in uniform Sunday, so I see no reason why he can't play.

IMO, this line-up gives us the best chance at success this weekend against the Fish. Hairston will be more effective than Levitre at LT. Levitre's best position is at LG, why make him learn a new position? Urbik is a big kid so he will be better suited to play against Soliai. Rhinehart is better off on the right side and Pears is doing an okay job at RT.

On the D-line, I'd like to see:

LE- Dareus

NT- Heard

RE- Edwards

I like Marcell at NT better than LE, but I'd rather take my chances with MD lining up against Colombo rather than Pouncey. Troup is garbage, Heard has been the better player and Dwan is servicable at RE.

Well, that's my two cents. What do you think?

Now is not the time to play musical chairs with our offensive line. If I were Coach Gailey I'd start:

LT Hairston

LG Levitre

C Urbik

RG Rhinehart

RT Pears

Of course this lineup is assuming that Hairston is back to full strength, which he should be. He was in uniform Sunday, so I see no reason why he can't play.

IMO, this line-up gives us the best chance at success this weekend against the Fish. Hairston will be more effective than Levitre at LT. Levitre's best position is at LG, why make him learn a new position? Urbik is a big kid so he will be better suited to play against Soliai. Rhinehart is better off on the right side and Pears is doing an okay job at RT.

LE- Dareus

NT- Heard

RE- Edwards

I like Marcell at NT better than LE, but I'd rather take my chances with MD lining up against Colombo rather than Pouncey. Troup is garbage, Heard has been the better player and Dwan is servicable at RE.

I can go with that. One thing about our Dline. I think we should leave it as is for next season also. It's a pretty good group, collectively. With KW coming back and more help at OLB, we can leave the dline alone and concentrate on other ,more pressing needs in FA and the draft. If we can shore up the OLB spots and a corner, this Dline will flourish. It doesn't help that Spencer and Carrington are playing OLB. They belong on the Dline. Even Spencer will play well if playing the position he really should play. This is yr 2 of a 3-4 yr rebuild. By keeping a good to really good line intact, we can help the rest of the roster alot. Marcell,Kyle,Dwan make a pretty good Dline with Heard, Johnson, Carringon as backups or start Carrington and use Dwan as a backup. That's a good line that is deep too.

Edited by Dopey

LT Hairston

LG Levitre

C Urbik

RG Rhinehart

RT Pears

LE- Dareus

NT- Heard

RE- Edwards

I'm with you. Levitre is an upper-tier LG - and a serviceable player at the other positions. Even though Levitre isn't (yet?) elite, he's very good at his natural position (did play LT in college, so it's not really learning to have him there - center, I agree, is foolish). Unless Urbik is terrible handling the ball, you can still have someone other than the center do the calls at the line if you're not comfortable with Urbik making them from center.

I'm with you. Levitre is an upper-tier LG - and a serviceable player at the other positions. Even though Levitre isn't (yet?) elite, he's very good at his natural position (did play LT in college, so it's not really learning to have him there - center, I agree, is foolish). Unless Urbik is terrible handling the ball, you can still have someone other than the center do the calls at the line if you're not comfortable with Urbik making them from center.

With our OLbs being crap I'd scrap the 3-4 and go with a 4-3 Linie up Carrington, MD, Heard, Efwards and figure out 3 Lbs with Barnett in the middle spot. Has to be better than what we've been doing as can't get any worse.....

With our OLbs being crap I'd scrap the 3-4 and go with a 4-3 Linie up Carrington, MD, Heard, Efwards and figure out 3 Lbs with Barnett in the middle spot. Has to be better than what we've been doing as can't get any worse.....

I agree. We need to move to a 4-3 ASAP. Kelsay might flourish at DE, because it is his natural position, with Carrington, Troup and Johnson filling in at DT and end for relief.

LE Kelsay

DT Dareus

DT Heard

RE Edwards

OLB Barnett

MLB Sheppard

OLB Batten/Moats