Pats at jets game thread

truth on hold

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Another garbage call this time in plax favor. Refs can't seem to get it right on this guy

I agree. What's the deal this year? Are the defenders supposed to let the receivers make a clean catch before they hit them all in the name of safety? What happened to getting there when the ball hits the receiver and trying to disrupt the play? I don't get it.

I agree. What's the deal this year? Are the defenders supposed to let the receivers make a clean catch before they hit them all in the name of safety? What happened to getting there when the ball hits the receiver and trying to disrupt the play? I don't get it.

Clearly it wasn't a penalty. These questionable calls in the secondary are having too much influence on games. They need to consider making them reviewable

Clearly it wasn't a penalty. These questionable calls in the secondary are having too much influence on games. They need to consider making them reviewable

Once again, I agree. It has been ridiculous. I also think that if they are going to call PI as frequently as they do when it's an ify call the penalty should be dropped to 15 yards at best rather than spot of the foul. Not sure if that is a solution or a good idea, but something has to change. Either way, there needs to be consistency on PI calls because it's been all over the place this season for many different teams and many different games.

Once again, I agree. It has been ridiculous. I also think that if they are going to call PI as frequently as they do when it's an ify call the penalty should be dropped to 15 yards at best rather than spot of the foul. Not sure if that is a solution or a good idea, but something has to change. Either way, there needs to be consistency on PI calls because it's been all over the place this season for many different teams and many different games.

I've been saying this for a long time. The counterpoint is always "DB's would always then just tackle WR's when they're beat" - which is ridiculous because that never happens in college. But as long as the rule is what it is it's unfathomable how every team doesn't take 2+ deep shots per quarter.

Edited by BuffOrange

For anyone who still thinks the Bills have a prayer at the playoffs (good luck), you should hope the Jets win this game. Jets are not going to lose to Buffalo and the Pats missing the playoffs is the most logical way.

You obviously haven't seen the Pats schedule. Much better chance of the Bills picking up a flukey win in a one game scenerio than NE collapsing.