Some thoughts re Bills

jahnyc

1. I think the Bills defense up the middle is adequate or better, but the play of the ends, the outside linebackers and corners has been awful. I am not sure if Carrington can become a quality starter and Edwards is non-existent. Neither the ends nor the outside linebackers can put any pressure on the QB. Clearly, upgrades are needed. The defense is worse than it was under Jauron.

2. Our corner play has been terrible due to a combination of no pass rush and poor play. I am tired of McKelvin getting burned and failing to make plays. He has not developed and he is officially a bust, which is particularly painful since he was drafted in the top third of the first round.

3. I agree that Donald Jones does not seem to be a starting caliber WR. At least Chan and the other coaches on offense seem to be developing our talent (i.e., Jackson, Johnson, Nelson, Levitre, Wood, Urbik and Chandler). All have improved under Gailey.

4. I remember that Nix stated before the season began that he was concerned about our depth. But it should not be an excuse to recognize something and then do nothing about it.

5. Not impressed with Nix's drafting so far. The 2010 draft is shaping up to be a disaster. Spiller and Troup are on the cusp of being busts and we will see about Carrington. Dareus was a no brainer of a pick this year, but we need to see how Sheppard and Williams develop going forward.

6. I do not understand the Brad Smith signing. He is not playing and the Bills have limited resources. Why did they sign him? Did they understand the new kick-off rules would result in him having less of an impact on special teams?

7. Our strong start on offense really masked a lot of the weaknesses on this team. We still need to add a significant number of quality players to be a playoff team.

Galley is catching a lot of heat the last few weeks for a number of things. But his biggest mistake clearly is keeping George Edwards employed. His defense is never prepared and he thinks pressure is what's in a football. Yes, it would help if we had at least one cornerback who could play and some outside linebackers who weren't consistently yelling "Help!" to the secondary.

Get rid of McKelvin already. When he finally did see a pass heading his way, he jumped too soon. He's totally clueless. I want the Bills to play against him!

I feel like I have to repeat myself every week.

Why does McKelvin get so much hate on here and the other useless corners are just not talked about? I'm not saying McKelvin is good, but Florence and McGee are just as bad, if not worse right now.

get real McGee and Florence are bad but McLovin is horrible, bites on the fake every time.