@nyj

Kan

@phi

Ind

@was

@den

Mia

Buf

Strikes me that jets have toughest road. They have both Philly and giants left. And even though giants game is listed as home for jets it's played in their shared stadium. Even the denver game is a bit misleading because it's away and on a Thursday evening. It comes right after jets game vs NE where theyll be vulnerable to a let down. (however yet again it gives them more time to prepare for us the next week)

Since we've played and beaten eagles I'm hoping they stay hot (we'll know more tonight) and take both jets and pats. They have a lot of talent we saw first hand and I think it's likely they make a run in the 2nd half. Other than pats and jets no team we play currently has a winning record. However the heavy preponderance of away games (4 of next 5) could take a tolll on us. I see beating teams on the road as the next hurdle bills need to clear to take it to the next level.

If bills win any combination of 3 of next 4 (even if it's a loss to jets) I still see this as positioning them for playoffs. They'll be 8 @ 4 and need to go .500 in last 4, which includes home games against den and Mia, to get to 10 & 6. If jets playout as I see it (losses to pats, eagles, giants and one upset) they finish 9 & 7. Raven steelers bengals will get one of the wildcards and our division should get the other. Due to schedule I think pats have inside track on division.

But of course there's a ton of football to be played. Let's hope bills stay in the race to make it worth updating

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say its pretty even . . . bottom-line, we have to beat the divisional opponents. We have four remaining, must beat the fish twice, and get at least one from NE or the Jets. I think if I had to choose, the Jets would be the one. But there are a lot of variable still left to play out. Win all four of them and we're really sitting pretty (assuming we take care of the others we should: Denver and Tenn.?)

Edited by CSBill

Cliche' I know, but the Bill's hold their own destiny in their own hands. Take care of the divisional games and the playoff drought is over. Don't...and we'll, we start talking about how to fill the holes at CB, OLB, WR, the thought we might need a new D Coordinator...you know, the usual Bills post season existance...

bottom line is the bills have to win five to have a good shot at a playoff spot

i dont think this team has any chance of winning the championship this season, but getting one playoff games experience would be absolutely huge for their development. unless they manage to win the division, unlikely, they would then likely lose any playoff game cuz as a wildcard they would play somebody pretty strong. but just getting there would be so educational for them, and it would make them much stronger going into next season. with another round of good drafting and key free agent additions i really think this squad will be a strong division contender

I'd say the Jets and Pats have the easiest schedules. Not a surprise, really. Oh well, another year, maybe.

This is about when it all fell apart in 2008 as well. Get to the big stage, get crushed, then the season falls apart. Hope that doesn't happen, but it looks like 2008 all over again right now...

Cliche' I know, but the Bill's hold their own destiny in their own hands. Take care of the divisional games and the playoff drought is over. Don't...and we'll, we start talking about how to fill the holes at CB, OLB, WR, the thought we might need a new D Coordinator...you know, the usual Bills post season existance...

After yesterday hard to have much confidence in taking care of business in the division. But the silver lining we could get swept by jets, split with pats, lose one other game and still get to 10&6 and snatch a wildcard.

Truth is our division is REALLY tough with the perenial regular season beasts pats and back to back afc championship game jets.

I think pats schedule is relatively easy but if jets underperform against NFC east and get swept by pats there's a chance they finish 9&7 and give us a window.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I'd say the Jets and Pats have the easiest schedules. Not a surprise, really. Oh well, another year, maybe.

Agree and the Jets have the hot hand, having won their last three, while we have been 2-3 in the last five games...We need to get our act together. It is a shame that the offense has gone into this funk when the defense has started playing so well.

the Jets have it tough?

NE correct

@den incorrect (for all 3)

Buf correct

@was incorrect (for both)

Kan incorrect (for both)

@phi correct (for both)

Nyg correct

@Mia incorrect (for all 3)

The toughest yet are @ Dallas, @ SD and Ten

The Pats have it the easiest.

the Jets have it tough?

NE correct

@den incorrect (for all 3)

Buf correct

@was incorrect (for both)

Kan incorrect (for both)

@phi correct (for both)

Nyg correct

@Mia incorrect (for all 3)

The toughest yet are @ Dallas, @ SD and Ten

The Pats have it the easiest.

Won-loss of remaining opponents:

Bills 27-37

Jets 30-34

Pats 24-40

Where are you getting your info from?

Are you counting the Chiefs as a powerhouse. :lol: NOT so. We already saw what they did to the 5-2 Bills now 5-3.

The JETS have 2 "real" teams to worry about.

NE and the Giants.

@den

@was

Kan

@phi

@Mia

The only bad thing for the NYETS is the number of road games.

This is about when it all fell apart in 2008 as well. Get to the big stage, get crushed, then the season falls apart. Hope that doesn't happen, but it looks like 2008 all over again right now...

What in the holy hell are you talking about? What is this big stage of which you speak? In 2008 the Bills were 4-0 (against crappy teams) going into Arizona, where they promptly got embarrassed after Edwards went down on the third play. If this is the "get crushed" on "the big stage" before "the season falls apart" you're referring to, you're wrong, and it genuinely sounds like you simply need to whine about something before it happens. There was no big stage there, and in fact after that loss the team had a bye before beating the Chargers.

Not to mention, this is the first time in years that we actually have a young core of players on which to build, not a handful of high-priced free agents to get asses in seats. There was no plan to those teams beyond chasing people to temporarily fill holes in hopes of maybe finding their way ass-backwards into the playoffs.

It would be nice to get to the playoffs this year, but let's be realistic; you couldn't find a fan (other than the Senator, who always believes we're going 16-0) who thought the team would be in the place it is right now. Yes, the team has holes and yes, there is more work to be done before the team is ready to make a run, but you'd have to be a blind team-swapping Tbone of a dolt to not see that the team is finally on the path to being consistently competitive again. Both lines are young and improving. We're winning with a bunch of undrafted rejects and a backup quarterback who has helped us win more games than he's helped us lose...unlike our 2008 quarterback.

The core is being built. The team is going to lose. But if you look at what is going on with the Bills right now and even remotely think it "looks like 2008 all over again right now," you must either be watching a different team or be one of those people who simply MUST have problems in their life so they always have something in the queue to B word about.

Cheer up, Skippy. The team is getting better for the long haul.

What in the holy hell are you talking about? What is this big stage of which you speak? In 2008 the Bills were 4-0 (against crappy teams) going into Arizona, where they promptly got embarrassed after Edwards went down on the third play. If this is the "get crushed" on "the big stage" before "the season falls apart" you're referring to, you're wrong, and it genuinely sounds like you simply need to whine about something before it happens. There was no big stage there, and in fact after that loss the team had a bye before beating the Chargers.

Not to mention, this is the first time in years that we actually have a young core of players on which to build, not a handful of high-priced free agents to get asses in seats. There was no plan to those teams beyond chasing people to temporarily fill holes in hopes of maybe finding their way ass-backwards into the playoffs.

It would be nice to get to the playoffs this year, but let's be realistic; you couldn't find a fan (other than the Senator, who always believes we're going 16-0) who thought the team would be in the place it is right now. Yes, the team has holes and yes, there is more work to be done before the team is ready to make a run, but you'd have to be a blind team-swapping Tbone of a dolt to not see that the team is finally on the path to being consistently competitive again. Both lines are young and improving. We're winning with a bunch of undrafted rejects and a backup quarterback who has helped us win more games than he's helped us lose...unlike our 2008 quarterback.

The core is being built. The team is going to lose. But if you look at what is going on with the Bills right now and even remotely think it "looks like 2008 all over again right now," you must either be watching a different team or be one of those people who simply MUST have problems in their life so they always have something in the queue to B word about.

Cheer up, Skippy. The team is getting better for the long haul.

It is a bit of a myth that the Arizona game was the turning point in '08, that's true. The real turning point in '08 was the home loss to the Jets. One difference was that we were kicking their butts all over the field in that game and should've been up 2 scores at halftime instead of down 13-7 after an 80yard pick 6 went against us. Where as this year, they kicked our butts and we were the team fortunate that the halftime score wasn't worse than it was. So I dunno, if someone wants to say there's no more reason to be optimistic now than there was at the same point in '08 I don't think it's a slam dunk that they have "must have problems in their life"; it's actually pretty reasonable.

And boy, you can add up the W/L records all you want but I don't know how anyone can look at those schedules and not think the Jets/Pats don't have it easier. Miami is favored by more than 3 against Washington this week - that ought to tell you something.

So I dunno, if someone wants to say there's no more reason to be optimistic now than there was at the same point in '08 I don't think it's a slam dunk that they have "must have problems in their life"; it's actually pretty reasonable.

Except that the state of this year's team is different. It appears that it's being built correctly with young talent in most all positions and without the splashy free-agent pickups for the sake of hoping for a handful of wins. You can't look at what's happening with the team this year and not be excited about being much more competitive next year, as opposed to the 2008 team which led to much-anticipated firing of Dick Jauron the following year.

Edited by LABillzFan

Bills next 3 games on the road will decide their season, doesnt matter what Pats or Jets schedules look like

Bills need to win at least 2 of these games to have a shot at the playoffs especially after losing this past weekend at home to the Jets

Except that the state of this year's team is different. It appears that it's being built correctly with young talent in most all positions and without the splashy free-agent pickups for the sake of hoping for a handful of wins. You can't look at what's happening with the team this year and not be excited about being much more competitive next year, as opposed to the 2008 team which led to much-anticipated firing of Dick Jauron the following year.

Who were those splashy FA's - Kawika Mitchell? Lets just say we know what 2009 looked like and we don't yet know what 2012 will look like, so of course we're going to prefer the latter. I just hope Stevie Johnson for one is still a Bill and we're saying the same thing in 2013.

Where are you getting your info from?

Are you counting the Chiefs as a powerhouse. :lol: NOT so. We already saw what they did to the 5-2 Bills now 5-3.

The JETS have 2 "real" teams to worry about.

NE and the Giants.

@den

@was

Kan

@phi

@Mia

The only bad thing for the NYETS is the number of road games.

Well I didn't really focus on chiefs but yes I think they're capable of beating jets and pats. They're tied for 1st after a miserable start and they can play physical. I wouldnt put too much into the loss to miami. As espn power rankings said "They used up a lot of energy in winning four in a row and responded with a dud against the Dolphins at Arrowhead." it happens, like jags beating ravens

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack