Sporting News feature on Stevie

NJBuffFan

I absolutely love this team.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-11-02/in-stevie-johnsons-world-ordinary-doesnt-exist

And Bills fans:

"Back at the restaurant, I notice people at another table are looking at Johnson. They recognize him but don’t say anything while he’s eating. (I notice someone else at that table drink enough sake from the chef’s squirt bottle to kill a horse.) The manager has a Bills tie on. He leaves Johnson alone, too. Buffalo fans are crazy about the Bills but not so crazy they won’t let them eat in peace. Later, as we leave, someone shouts, “Go get ’em this weekend, Stevie!”

Edited by NJBuffFan

It still seems almost too good to be true; rooting for a team you live & die for no matter what and now they're comprised of a group of young men you can really admire. Oh, & they can flat out BALL! I know nothing lasts forever but I hope this winning ride w/ this team lasts for a while and leads to a SB victory someday soon! Go Bills!

I think its truly amazing that nearly all of our playmakers never had anything handed to them. In today's world where a 17 year old high school basketball player can be on the cover of SI and ESPN covers national signing day for recruits, this is amazing to me. This is why we are winning and will do so for a long time.

The best thing about Buffalo fans - and this has been mentioned in at least 3 articles I've read since the season started - is how respectful of our athletes we are. It's really true. And it's why so many athletes love living here and stay here long after their careers are over.

Great read. Love Stevie!!

Didn't even know sporting news still existed...I use to suscribe to the magazine as a kid

Sporting News is a descendant of the magazine once called "The Sporting News" which, believe it or not, dates back to the late 1890's. Not that I was there back then but I did read TSN as a kd in the 60's and 70's.