2011: Lions vs. Bills

The AntiFin

Forgive me if this point was embedded in another post -- I haven't come across it yet.

Is it just me, or is there a world of difference between this year's Lions and the Bills? I'm not talking about the surprise factor -- or the talent -- or even records (they're nearly identical). I'm talking about class.

Both teams have been awful for years, but there is a very obvious difference between the two: The Bills haven't forgotten where they came from. The Lions seemingly have. All of the nonsense with Suh and Detroit's defense versus opposing QBs the past few weeks -- and now they're hating -- I mean BLATANTLY hating -- on Tebow. For what? For sucking? I haven't read any quotes from Bills calling Beck a "joke," even though they'd be well within their right to do so after yesterday's embarrassment.

I think Chan has much better control over his boys than Jim Schwartz. I can see that biting the Lions in the a$$ in the not-too-distant future.

Grow the f*ck up, Detroit. Like us, you've been irrelevant for a long time. A little humility, maybe?

I think Chan has much better control over his boys than Jim Schwartz. I can see that biting the Lions in the a$ in the not-too-distant future.

I don't know if I'd call it control.

It might be something along the lines of the teams being reflections of their respective coaches… Schwartz more in the Ryan mode and Gailey more of an old school type guy.

In other words, not so much a discipline issue as the players emulating their coaches.

Just a thought.

It might be something along the lines of the teams being reflections of their respective coaches… Schwartz more in the Ryan mode and Gailey more of an old school type guy.

In other words, not so much a discipline issue as the players emulating their coaches.

Just a thought.

This is true. However, I don't agree with Schwartz' style.

Forgive me if this point was embedded in another post -- I haven't come across it yet.

Is it just me, or is there a world of difference between this year's Lions and the Bills? I'm not talking about the surprise factor -- or the talent -- or even records (they're nearly identical). I'm talking about class.

Both teams have been awful for years, but there is a very obvious difference between the two: The Bills haven't forgotten where they came from. The Lions seemingly have. All of the nonsense with Suh and Detroit's defense versus opposing QBs the past few weeks -- and now they're hating -- I mean BLATANTLY hating -- on Tebow. For what? For sucking? I haven't read any quotes from Bills calling Beck a "joke," even though they'd be well within their right to do so after yesterday's embarrassment.

I think Chan has much better control over his boys than Jim Schwartz. I can see that biting the Lions in the a$$ in the not-too-distant future.

Grow the f*ck up, Detroit. Like us, you've been irrelevant for a long time. A little humility, maybe?

Interesting take. I like that the Bills have had this very quiet, blue collar, workman attitude. Detroit is a little different to be sure and Suh has developed a bit of a rep as a dirty player. You have to wonder if that will come back to bite them, maybe a bit undiciplined?

Just a thought.

It's a good thought. It's the type of players that Nix and Gailey choose.

Completely agree. You echoed my sentiments after seeing the Tebow mocking yesterday and reading their ridiculous comments today. (Like they'd be saying that about Cam Newtwon if he was horrible).

Classless. Base. Amateurish. Lame.

These clowns won't mock some WR who praises God every time he puts on a jock strap, but they'll mock Tebow for praying on the sideline. Sad, mindless, and it will come back to haunt them.

Our team and Detroit's team are years apart in the character column.