PFW Whispers around the league

Estro

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last bullet of the article regarding Fitzpatrick. I don't disagree with the contract the Bills gave Fitz. I think it's a decent deal for both side. I can't say though that I totally disagree with the thought that Fitz will never get them where they want to go (and I'm assuming he means as a Super Bowl winner). Coming off the last 10 years of futility though, I'm content with a QB that can help us contend for a division title and a playoff appearance. I'm not certain Fitzy has the consistent accuracy to ever put together a 3-4 game run in the playoffs against good defenses to make that championship run. Like I said though, I think he's a fit now, and I have no problem with the contract, in fact I'm happy with it.

There's also no stopping the Bills from drafting a QB if theres one they really like. Witht hey way the rookies get paid now, there's nothing wrong with grooming a QB for a few years. If they are playing well it means Fitzy's doing alright and they won't have a shot at the best QB prospects. If the Bills and Fitz wee to fall flat on their face then the Bills would be in a position to draft a QB high anyhow.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/10/30/insider-49ers-rookie-olb-smith-really-impressing

Yea so um Trent Dilfer won a super bowl. So did Mark Rypien..remember? I'd take Fitz over either of them 8 days a week.