Why Can't UB Get It Together?

Offside Number 76

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And he's $10 million richer.

Since he's getting paid for the next 3 years, maybe he'd coach at UB for free.

If they were smart, they'd hire Mark Mangino

And now UB can hire Turner Gill back if it wants to.

http://espn.go.com/c...e-losing-streak

He gets canned after 2 years?!. What the heck were they expecting?

"After a thorough evaluation of our football program, I have concluded that new leadership is necessary to place us on the path toward competing for championships in the Big 12 Conference," (Athletic Director Sheahon) Zenger said in a statement."

Kansas, football and Big12 Championships = :lol:

"After a thorough evaluation of our football program, I have concluded that new leadership is necessary to place us on the path toward competing for championships in the Big 12 Conference," (Athletic Director Sheahon) Zenger said in a statement."

What, you think they held Turner Gill to ridiculous standards? Asking him to win the Big XII in 2 seasons (when KU hasn't won a conference title since 1968) is asking too much?

Aside from their fluke 2007 season with the Orange Bowl win, when was the last time KU was relevant on the football field?

It'd be fun to see a certain pirate back on the sidelines in the Big 12 :pirate:

What, you think they held Turner Gill to ridiculous standards? Asking him to win the Big XII in 2 seasons (when KU hasn't won a conference title since 1968) is asking too much?

Aside from their fluke 2007 season with the Orange Bowl win, when was the last time KU was relevant on the football field?

I'm sorry, Turner Gill was terrible. If there was worse than terrible, he'd be it.

They were just becoming relevant. They lost 5 games in 2008, with a bunch of injuries, with 3 of their losses coming to top 10 ranked teams.

They won their first 5 games in 2009 before the Mangino witch hunt began, and everyone knew what would happen once it got going.

Mangino took them from a doormat, begging street free agents to join the team, to a team that was at least competitive. After years of begging, he finally got them to improve the training facilities and actually recruit.

Turner Gill took them right back to door mat status, with teams putting in their 2nd stringers by the 2nd quarter.

Mangino won national coach of the year in 2008, Gill just plain sucked.

I don't know. I get the feeling Zenger is not going to want to wait 8+ years so they can bask in the glow of a "co-division" title.

Yeah you're right - with the program, players, and recruiting power Texas Tech had when Leach took over, he should have had at least 3 or 4 BCS titles :rolleyes:

No doubt Leach would love to face off against Tubs and TT just for ol' times sake, but methinks 'The Pirate' is headed for larger things - at either Washington State, UCLA, or Ole Miss :pirate:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.