Scott Pitoniak

My neighbor worked for Clear Channel, (not sure if all of her years were for clearchannel because I don't know if they were the one's that owned the stations the whole time) for 18 years in Richmond VA. She was the top dog in the advertsing department for two of their FM stations and one AM in Richmond. The AM station is a powerhouse station. She went to work one day about three weeks ago, and she was blindsided by management and told that she was being let go.

She made a pretty good salary, and I actually worked with her on some projects between our two businesses. She was as professional and good at her job as anyone else I've ever dealt with while trying to advertise on the radio side of things.

They told her she wasn't bringing in enough ad revenue and they needed to search for someone else that could. She has her work evaluations from them over the last 11 years that are all pretty damn good. Result.....they hired two interns from local colleges. I'm sure her boss got a raise to take over her duties as well.

Pretty ****ty.

Edited by Lv-Bills

How on earth did AM radio last this long??

It's actually a law that all radios made include AM and FM. But there is finally talk of expanding the FM band into the space TV channels 5 & 6 used to occupy, and moving all the AM stations there.

Just curious, how many people here know that some FM stations, and even a tiny handful of AM stations transmit in digital? Does anyone here even own an "HD" radio?

PTR