OT: Yankees blast Dodgers

BF_in_Indiana

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Dave Roberts with a big lead...heres the pitch from Rivera...there he goes....the throw from Posada is...............not in time and the sox have the tying run in scoring position"

173975[/snapback]

"And to thank you for your contribution, we're going to trade you for Jay Payton."

How DARE the Dodgers back out of a deal that would pretty much fellate the Yankees and screw them.   

Oh and Brien Taylor was a cant miss prospect.  How's he doing?

174049[/snapback]

Hes sitting in a bar waiting to fight a former Red Sox cant miss prospect, Rick Asoordian, who knows, maybe the other great Sox prospect, Casey Fossum, will join in too!!!.. :w00t: . :P:(:P

Im GLAD the Yankees didnt make this deal, just to clear up what you assume of all Yankees fans.

Alaska Darin was suffering as a Yankee fan when Steinbrenner was running the team into the ground in the 80's. 

Guess who's back with a brand new bag AD?    1980's here you come!  ALL ABOARD!

174065[/snapback]

That's EXACTLY what I'm afraid of. WTF is Howard Spira when you need him?

Hes sitting in a bar waiting to fight a former Red Sox cant miss prospect, Rick Asoordian, who knows, maybe the other great Sox prospect, Casey Fossum, will join in too!!!.. :w00t: . :P  :(  :P

Im GLAD the Yankees didnt make this deal, just to clear up what you assume of all Yankees fans.

174066[/snapback]

Short term, the deal would be GREAT for the Yankees. Possibly resulting in another championship. Long term, not so much. Vazquez still has potential to live up to what he did in Montreal and if those prospects are cant miss, you guys will need them in a few years.

That's EXACTLY what I'm afraid of.  WTF is Howard Spira when you need him?

174067[/snapback]

While I admire your passion and how you came to be a Yankee fan. (I became a Sox fan for precisely the same reason) I have to admit I'll be taking pleasure if that indeed comes to pass and the Sox can manage to win a few more titles in the next decade.

While I admire your passion and how you came to be a Yankee fan.  (I became a Sox fan for precisely the same reason)  I have to admit I'll be taking pleasure if that indeed comes to pass and the Sox can manage to win a few more titles in the next decade.

174085[/snapback]

As you should.

While I admire your passion and how you came to be a Yankee fan.  (I became a Sox fan for precisely the same reason)  I have to admit I'll be taking pleasure if that indeed comes to pass and the Sox can manage to win a few more titles in the next decade.

174085[/snapback]

What's the matter? One didn't satisfy that craving? I thought that's what all Sox fans wanted?

That's EXACTLY what I'm afraid of.  WTF is Howard Spira when you need him?

174067[/snapback]

Relax Darin...it's not going to be THAT bad. The players on the team are too talented for the Yankees to go into the gutter like the '80s. For one, I think Steinbrenner learned from his mistakes. More importantly, players did not want to come to New York. Now every free agent wants to at least look into the possibility. Remember, in September Carl Pavano swore up and down he wasn't going to sign with the Yankees or Mets.

The Yankees need more winners and fewer superstars in order to get back on top, that's for sure. But I think they are light years from heading to where they were in the '80s.

What's the matter? One didn't satisfy that craving? I thought that's what all Sox fans wanted?

174097[/snapback]

Has anyone seen the MasterCard "commercial" that Comedy Central did about the Red Sox fans having to pay up for all the times they said, "I'd give anything to see the Red Sox win the World Series."

It is hilarious...a must see for any Boston fan. I have it if anyone wants to PM me.

Has anyone seen the MasterCard "commercial" that Comedy Central did about the Red Sox fans having to pay up for all the times they said, "I'd give anything to see the Red Sox win the World Series."

It is hilarious...a must see for any Boston fan. I have it if anyone wants to PM me.

174113[/snapback]

Send it!

174113[/snapback]

That was great. Especially when they took the first born child and the wife was like WTF? Hubby says something about how they got the other one "GO SAWKS!!!!"

And of course I'm not satisfied with one championship in my lifetime. Like the Pats, my favorite championship is the next one.